42

Matsukawa
1:34 am

BRO
DUDE
I NEED HELP
BRO HELP ME
PLEASE ANSWER
MATSUUUUUUUUUU
HELLO?!?!
BITCH UR NEVER DOING ANYTHING WHY TF ARENT YOU ANSWERING

wow
way to call me out

FUCKING FINALLY
HELP ME

bro what the fuck is wrong 😭😭

MY FISH DIED

u mean ur fish that ate all the other fish??

HE WAS A FUCKING SERIAL KILLER BUT I LOVED HIM OKAY?!?

LMFAOOO
OKAY CALM DOWN
but how tf do u want me to help bro 💀
he's fucking dead
there's no helping that

KYO WILL THROW HIM OUT ONCE HE FINDS OUT
I NEED TO GIVE HIM A PROPER BURIAL
PULL UP HOE

y/n its 1am
how tf do you expect me to pull up?

WALK IDC JUST PLEASE
HE CANT BE FLUSHED
HE DESERVES A PROPER FUNERAL

omfg 💀💀
I cant believe im actually doing this for you
I'll be there soon

YES I LOVE U
UR THE BEST MATSU
BUT HURRY TF UP

💀💀
anyone else coming?

UR THE FIRST PERSON I TEXTED
I DIDNT KNOW WHO ELSE TO TELL
I WAS FREAKING OUT

ok I'll be there soon <3

I LOVE U ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

yeah i love u too
Liked by you

***

For a fish, Matsukawa thought this was a little...much, but it seemed to make you feel a bit better.

On the way, he'd picked a flower from his neighbours garden. He'd get in trouble for it but it was worth it when you smiled and placed the flower once the fishs grave was made.

"Only Time," by Enya played and Matsukawa tried his best not to laugh.

Once the song ended, he released a sigh of relief and looked at you. Tears were in your eyes but you were also trying not to laugh at yourself.

"Im guessing you have a speech?" He asked.

"Of course I do," you sniffed and pulled a scrunched up piece of paper from your Pingu pajama pants and smoothed it out. (Yes the top matched). In Matsukawas words, you looked pretty fucking adorable and hilarious at the same time.

Clearing your throat, you began the speech. "Tony, you were a great fish. Even when you ate Robert, Robertina, and Ice Panda, I still loved you dearly and I will continue to do so. You'll live on in my memory. I'll miss finding you somehow on the floor out of your tank and still breathing and then quickly chucking you back in. You were a rascal, I love you." You folded the note and put it down by the grave.

When you turned to Matsu, you sniffed again and asked if he would like to share anything.

"Sure," and he stepped forward a little, trying to think off the top of his head.

"Well, I didn't know you long, but when you ate the other fish that was pretty gnarly so....respect I guess? Anyway, I hope you have fun swimming in fish heaven."

"That was beautiful."

"I know."

"Thanks for coming," you said and inched a little closer to your friend.

"It's fine, but im skipping first period tomorrow and it's your fault I'm not getting my education."

"I take it back, you're a dick."
The both of you laughed and carried on looking at Tony's grave before being interrupted.

"Who the fuck are you?!" You and Matsukawa looked up to see your dad peering down from the second floor window.

"Shit," you cursed.

"Get away from my daughter!"

"I was just helping her bury her fish sir!"

"The fuck is wrong with you? My daughter really? She's a fucking moron get away while you can!"

"Dad! What the fuck?!" Matsukawa laughed as you yelled at your dad

"Y/n!" He continued on. "Get your ass to bed! And you better get home son! It's late!"

"Will do!" He shouted back, and then your dad was gone.

"Why does he gotta be like that," you scoffed but Matsukawa could see your smile.

"He's right though, I better get going." For a little you just stared at each other until you sighed.

"You're right," you said. "Goodnight, and I'm sorry for dragging you out here."

"Don't worry about it, I don't mind." You smiled warmly and went into hug Matsukawa who happily but calmly excepted it.

It lasted for a few seconds longer than it probably should have for it to be a friendly hug, and I'm pretty sure they don't end with a kiss on the cheek. But that's what happened.

Matsukawa left you a bit stunned. He'd never made such a gesture before and you were questioning whether you loved it or hated it.

To be continued...