50

imnotbald

    Liked by yachi

    Liked by yachi.333 and others

***

It had taken a while to think up (two days), but Matsukawa had finally concocted a little plan. He wanted to show you how he felt in the most him way possible. This pretty much meant the dorkiest arrangement he could think of.

Obviously, he didn't want to do it in public for three main reasons. 1: there was still a chance he could get rejected. 2: he'd be embarrassed with everyone watching. 3: he knew you would also be embarrassed and he did not wish to put you in that position.

And so, he knew the moment had to be a private one. He just didn't know how to get you alone with you avoiding him and all. In the end, he realised he'd just have to walk up to you, confident as possible, and ask to talk to you. Did this sound scary as fuck? Yes, but he needed to do it. He wouldn't pussy out this time!!

"I'm actually gonna shit myself dude," he told Makki as they walked to class that Tuesday morning. He'd planned to tell you in the afternoon but now that didn't seem like such a great idea. With the day wide open, Matsukawa had plenty of time to overthink and ponder about the outcome.

"Dude, it's gonna be fiiiiine," Makki tried to reassure. He placed his hand on Matsukawa's shoulder and looked at him. "It's gonna go great, I can feel it." He crushed his hand in a fist.

"Sure," said Matsukawa. He anxiously walked the rest of the way next to Makki in silence as you ranted to Kunimi about your dilemma.

"Like— ugh, I just don't get him."

"No one does," Kunimi said without looking at you. He scribbled on his book. He wore a large jacket today even though it wasn't that cold out. Kunimi was a bit strange sometimes.

"I think I should talk to him. Should I tell him?"

"Yeah, you should."

"Ok, but he doesn't like me anymore so I'll just be even more sad, won't I?"

"Or you won't," he said. "Maybe it will help you get over him."

For a few moments you thought about this. Could that really help? Could getting rejected really help you move on? It sounded horrifying, but if it helped you lift you out of this gloomy mood you were in, you'd do it.

"Ok!" You said. Kunimi still didn't look up. "Im gonna tell him, get rejected, and then find a new person!"

"You don't sound very confident," he said nonchalantly.

"Could you like- stop." He finally looked up and just shrugged. You gave him the side eye in return. He smiled and continued with destroying his book.

***