95

(Mini disclaimer I'm not following Japans seasons or school bc I can't keep up 😭)

After Oikawa's confession, you were stunned. All you did for the rest of the night was think back over what he had said. Turns out, there were many signs throughout the year and yet you'd missed them all. How could you not have known? And then you felt angry as well. How could he just tell you and then leave like that?

***

The start of the year was very rocky. Being the manager felt entirely different than it did as to last year and it just wasn't the same, but you had expected that so you pushed through. And another thing that you struggled to adapt to was the amount of studying. This year was so different. You had to think about what you were going to do, but you still had absolutely no clue whatsoever.

***

It had been four weeks since school started back up and you hadn't talked to Oikawa since then. How could you anyway? The both of you were so busy with your own lives that you didn't have time.

By the time 10 weeks had passed, you had already set yourself on forgetting about it. You didn't need to stress yourself about it. There was no need. You had to focus on yourself and what the fuck you were going to do with your life.

***

Before you knew it, half the year had passed by. Makki and Mattsun had come to visit you briefly and for a moment you felt as you had the previous year. Things between you and Mattsun had smoother over entirely. The relationship you had shared was a special memory, and that's how it would remain. He even shared that he'd been seeing someone from his University. You hadn't expected to, but you felt happy for him.

During their visit you were even more happy to hear that Makki was coming back, that he didn't have a plan and would be finding a job to keep him stable. It felt so great to have Makki back around. It wasn't like he'd gone far, but he had still been an hour away. University hadn't worked out for him, and it was because Makki was so okay with it that made you realised you didn't need to have your entire future planned out.

***

The second half of your third year was so much better than the first half. Instead of constantly feeling anxious and like you were incapable of figuring things out, you felt comfortable with what stage you were at in your life.

***

During Winter, Oikawa and Iwaizumi came for a quick visit. They couldn't stay long as they were only home for Christmas Eve and would be leaving the following day. You hadn't talked to Oikawa all year. It was awkward. There was so much tension in the air. To try and make the mood lighter, Iwa dragged you both to a small party where you all got a little drunk.

The party ended quite early so you all went back to your place as your parents weren't home, and Kyo was staying over at Yukie's for the night.

"Y/n?" Iwa called behind you as you led them toward your room where flopped down onto your bed, mind a little fuzzy from the alcohol.
"Yeah?"
"Do you mind if I wash up?"
"Yeah, the first bathroom is down the hall and to your left. Towels are in the cupboard in the bathroom."
"Thanks," he said, and left you and Oikawa on your own.

Oikawa awkwardly walked around and rested against your closet door.
"Soooo, how have you been?" He asked.
"Good actually." You sat up and hugged a pillow to your chest.
He smiled. "I'm glad to hear that." You avoided his eyes and asked him how he was.
"Good as well."
"Good then," you said. "We're both good." Cue more awkward tension.

"Hey, I wanted to apologise. For saying what I said—."
"It's okay," you interrupted him. "I've already forgotten about it."
"Oh, okay. That's good then."
A few moments passed before you decided to speak up. "But you know, it was really selfish of you to do that."
"I know." Oikawa looked down. He seemed ashamed of himself. "I was thinking about myself, and how I felt like I had to tell you before leaving. I didn't think about everything you were already dealing with. I'm really sorry."

"Well...thank you actually." You played nervously with your bracelet. "Um — you don't still feel that way, right?"
Oikawa blushed and stumbled over his words, clearly caught off guard. This reaction frightened you a little.
"Sorry, forget I asked. I don't wanna know." More silence before you spoke again. "Do you want to watch Mama Mia?" Oikawa smiled as he remembered how'd you'd watch it together all the time last year.
"Sure," he said. He came to join you on the bed as you set up your laptop and tried calming down your speeding heart.

To be continued...