ASSASSIN

"ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ғᴀᴄᴇʟᴇss sᴏᴍᴇʜᴏᴡ,
ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙʟᴀᴍᴇʟᴇss
ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛᴘʀᴏᴏғ 
ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴ'
ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀssᴀssɪɴ
ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɴᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ"
- 𝐴𝑢/𝑅𝑎

"ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ғᴀᴄᴇʟᴇss sᴏᴍᴇʜᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙʟᴀᴍᴇʟᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛᴘʀᴏᴏғ  ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴ' ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀssᴀssɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɴᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ"- 𝐴𝑢/𝑅𝑎

"𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠".
"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡".

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

"Angels, we were so worried!", Jace exclaimed when Amelia and Sebastian entered the institute with beaten expressions.
"What the hell happened?", he pointed at the huge cut on Sebastian's shirt with a worried look.
Amelia sighed. After saving her life, she could at least give him credit for it.
"It's my fault. I though we had him but then suddenly he was so much more powerful than before. Sebastian stopped him but we couldn't kill him. He's gone. Again".
"The most important thing is that you're safe", Clary encouraged her with a hug. Jace nodded urgently, so Amelia forced a faint smile on her lips. After a moment of silence, Sebastian cleared his throat and announced that he would go change. Just then did the brunette realise how awkwardly the torn pieces of his shirt were exposing half his chest.
In another situation, she probably would've noticed that much earlier but right now she could only think about the fact that she did not only loose the demon again but probably also owed her life to the Shadowhunter. Or at least her face being left in one piece.

After ensuring again to Clary and Jace that she was fine except for a bruised ego, she followed her saviour's direction.
About halfway to her room, she bumped into him again, only this time he had changed.
"Thanks for the save and sorry about your shirt", she gestured towards the now new shirt.
"Oh, that's nothing. I'll rather see my shirt in pieces than you", he added with a charming smile.
"I'm surprised to hear that", she retorted with a small smile as well.
"Are you?". He was still wearing a smile but his voice had turned much more serious.
"I just figured I must be your public enemy number one. At least as long as Alec's not here." Amelia expected a chuckle, after all she was making a joke. But instead the man's voice rather held seriousness and truthfulness. "I don't feel that way".
"Ok... I guess that's good to hear". He caught her off guard with his sudden sincerity and she was no liar so she couldn't exactly tell him about feeling the same way.