FORTRESS

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴄᴏᴡᴀʀᴅ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ᴀ ᴄᴏɴsᴄɪᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟɪᴀʀ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ
ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ғʀɪɢʜᴛᴇɴᴇᴅ
ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴜʀᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ"

- 𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑟'𝑠 𝐷𝑒𝑛

"𝐹𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑦, ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑤𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑚 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑢𝑚𝑝 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟"

"𝐼 𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒, 𝑉𝑒𝑟𝑙𝑎𝑐. 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑐𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠"

 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑐𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠"

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

"She had everything. Werewolf claws, vampire fangs, Seelie blades. She used it to make it look like a Downworld uprising", Izzy explained to Alec and Jace what they had found.
"The question is, why?".
"We're not sure. But it has to go beyond covering her tracks". Isabelle agreed.
"That's great work, girls", Jace commented the women with a lopsided smile which Izzy returned.
"Iz takes most of the credit", Amelia remarked with an indifferent voice. She wasn't particularly thrilled to be in a room with the guy who wanted to lock up every Downworlder only a few hours ago and the guy who called her stupid and incompetent in front of the whole Institute. Yet she knew that she had to, therefore she leaned against the wall with the necessary distance to anyone but Izzy and kept a bored expression on her face and a gruff tone in her voice.

Jace nodded slowly at her comment and Alec barely visibly bit his lip. Her attitude was obvious and deliberate.
"I hear Max is ready to take over the world. How are you doing? Are you okay?", Jace asked.
"Getting better one day at a time", Isabbelle assured with a smile that even rubbed off on Amelia.
"You know we're always there for you", she promised her friend.