YOUNG AND MENACE

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ʜᴀʟғ ᴛʜɪs ғᴀʀ
ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʟɪғᴇ, ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʟɪғᴇ
ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢᴏᴅ ɪs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴋɪʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴡɪᴄᴇ"

- Fall Out Boy

"It's not our blood that makes us who we are

"It's not our blood that makes us who we are. It's our heart"

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎

Reckless behaviour, self-destructive tendencies — that was what Alec would tell her, if she would let him. If she wouldn't already be gone every time he woke or come home late enough to avoid him again.

She knew what she was doing — reflecting, punishing herself, numbing pain with pain. But it was working for her, going out every night to find another demon hotspot and slaughtering everything that came across. Spending the night with tracking rogue Downworlders and picking a fight with whomever was stupid enough to stand against her.

If she kept going at this rate, she might free New York of all demons by the end of the month. If she didn't get herself killed first...

She was daring and perhaps reckless at times but she was still sly and calculating. Every injury was expected, every burst of pain welcomed but she wasn't stupid enough to overestimate herself. Today though, she had cut things close — closer than usually. She had been in control still, still aware but she allowed the fight to go on when she could've ended it, allowed her attacker another blow to her side just to feel the pain rush through her body, to feel her blood seethe, to feel anything at all.

Today's actions however forced her to return to the Institute earlier than usually and by the time she made her way through the hallways, past the training room, she was already regretting it.

"Look, who returned", a familiar voice taunted and all consideration of simply ignoring him went out the window, when Jace's steps scuffed closer. Amelia turned around slowly, zealous to keep a neutral expression despite the blood and dirt covering her.