NEVER SAY DIE

"ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ sʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ
ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴀʏ ᴅɪᴇ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴀʏ ᴅɪᴇ
ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ғɪsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ
ʟᴏᴏᴋ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs
ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʀɪsᴇ"

- 𝑁𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑖

𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛 — s𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑓

𝐼𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑓𝑒𝑎𝑟.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

Side by side, Jace and Amelia strolled towards their rooms, when Jace stroke up a conversation.
"Sooo ... what do you think of our newest team member?"
"Sebastian?", she asked. After all she didn't exactly feel like he was still the new one. Though Jace probably had been the one who had the least to do with him.
"You know what I think of him. I think he's lying", she answered nonchalantly.
"Come on. Still?". He gave her an almost scolding look but she simply arched an eyebrow at him.
"He seemed to be pretty impressed", he commented, amusement heavy in his voice.
"By the great Jace Herondale?", she mocked him.
"By you", Jace shot back with a lopsided grin.
"By me all beaten up and defeated announcing I got my ass handed to me by some demon playboy or by me wiping the floor with New York's favourite angel-blooded warrior?"
Jace laughed slightly.
"By you waltzing in there all determined and fiery, beating someone as amazing as me with your badass attitude. Very hot".
"Looks like you're no longer drooling over Clary, lover boy", she teased him.
"Losing the girl to Simon Lewis, that'll be the day", Jace muttered with a mixture of disbelief and discontent.
"The guy's not that bad. They seem happy", she pointed out.
"They are and that's enough for me. You know who also seems to be a good guy?".
She groaned at how the conversation brought them back to the beginning.
"Or are you scared of him?", Jace uttered the only possibility he could think of as to why the girl was so averse towards Sebastian.
"Are you kidding me? He's like a taller, yet skinnier, nicer, britisher version of you and I've kicked your ass plenty. I'm definitely not scared of him". Amelia was eager to make sure he knew.
Did she keep her distance because she didn't want to be caught off guard by some evil agenda that could come back to bite them? Sure.
Was she afraid of the guy who seemed nice enough to give Simon Lewis a run for his money? Definitely not.
"Don't try to play matchmaker, Jace. It doesn't suit you", she gave him a friendly warning before they both retracted to their rooms.