COLD-BLOODED

"ɪ'ᴍ ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏɴ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ ᴅɪᴇsᴇʟ,
ᴛᴏᴏ ғᴀsᴛ, ɪᴛ's ɪʟʟᴇɢᴀʟ.
ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴅᴏɢ, ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇʀ,
ɪᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴠᴇɪɴs
ᴠᴇɴᴏᴍ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ғᴀɴɢs
ғɪʀᴇ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏɴɢᴜᴇ"

- 𝑍𝑎𝑦𝑑𝑒 𝑊𝑜𝑙𝑓

"𝐼 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑤𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑦, 𝐼𝑧𝑧𝑦" "𝐺𝑖𝑟𝑙𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑘 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟"

"𝐺𝑖𝑟𝑙𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑘 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟"

"𝐼 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑤𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑦, 𝐼𝑧𝑧𝑦" "𝐺𝑖𝑟𝑙𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑘 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟"

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

The sky was pitch-black, only decorated with hundreds of beautifully glowing stars as the three Shadowhunters walked the empty streets of New York. Sure, they could've asked Magnus for a portal but no one wanted to interrupt him talking with Alec, so they quietly buzzed off when Amelia shoved the two man out of the warlock's apartment.
"You know I would've asked", Jace proclaimed as soon as they were outside. Amelia knew that he thought taking walks was a waste of his precious time.
"How gracious of you", she replied and since they both knew it was better to give the couple some space, Jace kept quiet.
"I don't mind", Sebastian also came to her help and she had to admit too that she enjoyed the atmosphere. As a Shadowhunter, she was rarely out doing something else than hunting demons. Yet slowly walking in the dark night, only a few dimmed street lanterns illuminating the black and breathing the cold air was quite liberating, cleansing even. Like she could leave everything behind for a while. All her worries disappeared in the black void of the night.
This was the most mundane thing she had done in a while.

"I hear you helped Clary make the rune work. I imagine she must be very grateful", Jace broke the silence when he addressed Sebastian and it sounded a lot like he was just as grateful as Clary should be. The addressed however chuckled dryly before he faced Jace with a guilty look.
"I wouldn't be so sure about this". Jace's face twisted in confusion but Amelia indicated with a gesture to drop it for now. This was a story for another time. Also, she wasn't quite sure as well how grateful Clary was for the hurtful things that Sebastian had said to her. Amelia had felt bad enough herself, she didn't even want to start imagining what Clary must've felt like.