KNOCK YOU DOWN

"sᴇɪᴢɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ, ғɪɢʜᴛ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ
ɪ ᴡᴀs ʙᴏʀɴ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ
ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴋɴᴏᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴋɴᴏᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
ʜɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛs"

- 𝐵𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑚𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑏𝑜𝑦

"If I went in there right now and put an end to it, would you cover for me?"

"I would hold him down for you".

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓

Destruction. Death. Madness.

Valentine Morgenstern had brought nothing but havoc into this world. Amelia curled her fingers from where she was standing and watching him. Curled and uncurled like she could feel an invisible blade in them, like she could feel them wrapping around the man's throat and squeeze out whatever flicker of human life had remained within the shell of the devil.

How easy it would be to just barge into his cell and bury a seraph blade in his chest or slice his throat with a dagger or maybe — maybe feel the last breath leave his body when he was strangled to death.

He would certainly deserve it. A life for a life. Valentine Morgenstern didn't even have enough life in him left to pay for half of the ones he'd taken, ended or destroyed.

He would deserve death — not a quick, painless, glorified death but one that would mirror at least a fracture of the suffering he'd brought upon his victims. And if Amelia would ever be granted the opportunity, she would take her time killing him and she would smile at him doing so. But as it was, Alec had put a ban on any the prisoner: No one was to approach or contact him until the transfer to Alicante was completed.

Therefore, Amelia was left to daydreaming of murder behind impervious glass, watching the man with hands of murder and a mind of madness. A part of her wondered if maybe, she would do the world a favour by disregarding the order and going in there to kill him anyways. Damn the consequences.