Chapter 3--> Not Worth It

Dustin's POV
My heart clenched fiercely as she accepted my rejection. Good. She wasn't anything to me. Everyone knows Paige was just some low down wolf. I don't even know if she has even shifted, cause she never goes for runs or anything. My wolf was howling in my mind, but I ignored it.

'Stop! No! Accept our mate you idiot! Go back to her! She is so broken, we need to be there to fix her!' Russ, my wolf, screamed at me. I finally shut him out after I was out of the school and driving my F-350 back to the pack house.

I finally got home, walking in, slamming the door behind me. My father walked up to me, but I stepped aside and went straight to the stairs.

"Son, I need to talk pack business with you about a certain pack member." I didn't even care at this point, after he said that. I kept walking up the stairs to my large room and slammed that door as well.

After I locked my door, Jessica mind-linked me.

'Hey, why don't we have a little fun tonight?' She said sweetly. I growled at her.

'No! Not tonight.' I said using my alpha voice so she couldn't pester me. I finally sat down on my bed and rubbed my face. I started to think about her... Her smell of rain and vanilla, her beautiful long dark brown hair. And her eyes, oh her eyes were like staring into autumn... What the hell?! Why am I thinking of that piece of shit?!

'You will regret this... And I won't help you through it either.' Russ said before shutting himself out. I was a tiny bit nervous by his words, but I didn't care.

My life was fine without a mate, and I don't plan on changing that.

Paige's POV
It probably took me 2 min flat to get to my house. I cried the entire way home and when I stepped through my door, I fell to the floor, trying to stop the pain.

I screamed in agony as it flooded my whole body. I started to feel faint, as I screamed after every burst of it.

Suddenly, it just stopped, and all I felt was depression. I crawled back up to my room and pushed my body into my bed. My phone rang, but I left it as it took a voicemail. It was probably Jace, he wanted to know how everything went and don't think I was ready to tell anyone. I just needed to be alone.

/---2 Days Later---/

I laid on my couch staring at the ceiling, while I heard a knock on my door. I just sat silent as my body melted into the couch as if i wasn't even alive.

I heard the door creak open as Ethan's voice filled the air.

"Paige, I know you here." He said, finding me laying on the couch as he sat on the coffee table next to it. I didn't even give him a glance.

"Paige what the hell has happened to you. You never miss work and definitely never, not talk to me. What is going on? Are you ok?" He asked sadly and confused. I didn't even spare him a glance, and kept looking at the very interesting ceiling(hint the sarcasm).

"Ok, I'll leave you alone then, but please get up and do something and don't do anything stupid." He said kissing my forehead and leaving the house. I released the breath I was holding when he left. I finally sat up and rested my head in my hands.

I looked up and stared into space. He was right, I need to do something. I need to get away. Away from this house, this life... My mate. Let me rephrase that... Ex-mate. The second I thought that, my wolf howled in the back of my mind.

"Destiny?" I faintly said to her. No response. I have tried for the past few days to connect to her, and still no progress.

I got up, wobbling a little from sitting to long, and walked up the stairs to my room. I grabbed my suitcase from my closet shelf and set it on my bed. I looked out the window and saw it was getting closer to night. I grabbed the suitcase and put it on the floor, deciding to pack tomorrow.

I finally checked my voicemail that came in 2 days ago.

'Paige Collins, I hate to say it to you, since your brother is Gamma and all, but this is Marcus Mathews, the previous alpha of this pack, and I am calling to give you a warning. Jessica told me the whole story, and I am not pleased. If this happens again, you will be removed from the pack and named a rouge. Goodbye.' The message beeped as it ended and I tossed my phone on my bed. Goodbye to you to... I will be gone by tomorrow, so you don't have to worry about that.

Gone...

Dustin's POV
My father called me to my office and I opened the door. It's been two days without her, and I feel fine. I don't know what my wolf was talking about. I feel no pain whatsoever.

"Son, about that pack business I said TWO DAYS AGO." He said unhappily. I might've just become alpha, but I didn't care about the past few days. My wolf wouldn't let me shift, so I mainly went running on foot.

"SON! Have you even been listening?! I said Paige Collins started a fight with Jessica Darlix in front of humans!" My dad screamed at me. The mention of her name made my wolf whimper a little and make me feel protective. I shook it off before my father noticed.

"Ok, I will take care of it tomorrow." I said as I left the room, before he could say anything. I finally got back to my room and felt lonely and depressed. What was happening to me?

'You rejected our mate. Now you are paying the price.' Russ said.

'Wait, this is all because of our rejection?' I said back.

'Plus a lot more... Soon the pack will feel the same pain and know how you rejected the Luna. And you will get even worse and our mate. This kinda pain can kill a wolf... And you already have broken hers.' He said, putting emphasis on how I broke her. I need to go to her tomorrow, but how will I face her after that day.

Suddenly my heart cracked...

What have I done?!

-Yay! He finally wants her back. I didn't want it to take long so I made it the best I could. Ok, so this weekend I was playing softball, and I am like the main pitcher... Well I did something to my back and it hurts so bad! It the lower part and I had to sit and take the day off from school cause I could barely walk. Anyways, I want to thank @MommaShifter for all of her epic books! Love them so much! Welp, that's all folks😚-