Chapter 30--> War

Paige's POV
The morning air smacked me right in the face as everyone's breathes fogged the air. From Tammy's help to our best frackers, we were able to pinpoint the exact location of the rouges and hunters.

"Okay everyone. Split up into your designated groups." I whispered as everyone nodded and left to circle the area. The only people left behind were Ethan, Jace, Leo, Jenna, Tammy, and Dustin. Tammy was engulfed into a hug by Jace as Ethan walked over to me and hugged me hard.

"Be safe sis. Protect yourself and if you need backup, don't hesitate to call us immediately." He said quietly in my ear. Jenna was next as she hugged me even tighter than Ethan did.

"Please Paige, be careful." She whispered as if on the verge of tears. I hugged her back and nodded as she released me and ran over to Leo and their group. I saw Jace and Tammy still in their hug when I felt Dustin hug me from behind and inhale my scent.

"I love you." I said as I turned into him and let him wrap his warm muscular arms around me.

"I love you too. Are you sure I can't follow you in?" He said still hugged me as I nodded.

"This is the only way for the plan to work." I muttered as it was his turn to nod as we looked into each others eyes.

I don't know who kissed the other first, but I didn't care. Our lips were moving in sinc till we parted. I looked over and saw Jace and Tammy part lips just as we did as I smiled and let Dustin go.

His expression was serious as Tammy and Jace came over to us.

"Time to go." Tammy said to me as I nodded and looked to Dustin. His expression was unchanged as Jace placed a hand on his shoulder.

"C'mon dude. Our team is waiting for us on the north side. They'll be safe. We're only a hop skip and step away." Jace chuckled as Tammy nodded.

"I'd rather be by their said." He mumbled and looked at the ground. My heart clenched as Jace nodded at me and I nodded back.

"Stay safe you to. We will be close so don't worry." Jace said and tugged at Dustin to leave. He sighed and started to walk away with Jace as my stomach churned. Tammy tugged at my hand as I nodded and took one last look at them.

I shouldn't have done that.

"Dustin! Wait!" I yelled as I ran to him. He turned and caught me right as I jumped into his arms as I smashed my lips onto his. Our kiss held so much passion and need that we almost didn't part. Although fate had a different plan as we both knew what we had to do.

Our lips separated as a single tear fell down my cheek. He smiled sadly and wiped it away with his thumb, cupping my face in his face.

"Be safe. Don't do anything reckless. I love you." He said as I nodded and gave him one last parting hug.

"I love you more." I whispered.

"I love you most." He said as I finally released him and walked back to Tammy. She smiled sadly at me as I sighed and couldn't smile back.

Right now, any emotion could lead to the entire werewolf race to be extinct. So all I did was lol forward with a cold expression as Tammy lightly tied my arms behind me back and grabbed my arms gently although making it look forceful. I still only looked forward as we walked towards the camps entrance.