Chapter 5

Tuesday~

We're special, yeah

I woke up the next day to discover it was almost two in the afternoon and the members had all left to record in the studio. Fortunately, though, I'd slept off most of the jetlag, and I was in a good mood from the night before: despite the first initial moment of awkwardness, the rest of the night had gone pretty smoothly. I'd insisted on helping Felix and Minho with the dishes after dinner, but they'd stubbornly refused after staring at me in shock for a good ten seconds.

"You're our guest," Felix had said. "I can't expect you to help clean, especially when none of the members would ever think about lifting a finger to help." The last part he directed at the living room, where everyone had migrated to, lazily sitting on the floor or couch to talk.

"Hey, I helped out last week," said Changbin.

"Only because Minho was gone and I couldn't do it alone," Felix pointed out.

"All the more reason to let me help," I protested. "Chores are my happy place. Tell them, Bin."

"It's true. She once started hyperventilating because the trash hadn't been emptied for two days. She wouldn't sleep until someone took it out." He shrugged one shoulder. "It's maniacal."

"Maybe later," said Felix firmly. "In fact, Yeji-noona, you can come over to our dorm to do the dishes however much you please—you'll always be welcome here. But not on your first night with us. Here—if you really want to help, you can take everyone these drinks and go sit down."

"Fine," I had said, gathering the numerous drinks and sodas into my arms and heading over to the couch. "Alright, who wants?"

"I instantly love you," said Hyunjin, grabbing a can of soda. "Please stay with us forever."

I laughed. "Ignore him," Chan told me. "Hyunjinnie will idolize anyone who brings him food."

"And I'm not afraid to admit it, either," Hyunjin added, popping the can.

Each of the members took their respective drinks; Felix had given me the perfect amount. I suspected that they each had designated favorite drinks that were common knowledge.

"Noona, is there anything you'd like?" Felix had called to me from the kitchen, and I'd remembered that I wanted to talk to them about honorifics.

"No, thanks," I called back. "And by the way, everyone, you don't have to use honorifics with me. I'm not used to them—I did just get back from America—and I don't think it's necessary. If it makes you all uncomfortable, though, go ahead."

Jeongin frowned. "I ... are you sure you wouldn't find it improper?"

"I'm sure," I assured him. "The amount of times I was called 'bro' or 'homie' in the US has fully stripped away any sense of propriety in that regard."

Jeongin still looked doubtful. "I'll try."

"Yeji," said Seungmin, then shook his head from side to side like a puppy. "Gah. That sounds so weird to my ears."

I knew it would be hard for them, but they'd all agreed to try, which made me believe they were all good people, even though they left Minho and Felix to clean all the dishes and stayed up until the dead of night like frat boys. I'd had to beg Bangchan and Changbin to drive us home. But, if I was being honest, they seemed more genuine then a lot of men I'd met, even though I'd only known them for a night.

Since the members were all gone, I took the liberty of exploring the dorm in my solitude. I didn't want to be nosy, but I ought to familiarize myself with what would be my house for the next month, right?