Chapter 10

I don't want to go to sleep, now

By the time we got back to the dorm, it was close to evening, and 3Racha and Hyunjin were already there. I couldn't help but look at Hyunjin a little closer—scrutinize the way his eyes lit up when Felix walked in the door—but I didn't think anyone noticed.

"What did you guys get?" Minho asked me, and I held up the bags of beef and other ingredients we'd bought, setting them on the counter.

"Wait, Yeji's cooking tonight?" Chan asked, looking up from the couch.

"Felix is helping, but yeah," I replied.

"Seriously?" Changbin blurted.

The room quieted. I faced him with an arched brow. "What, do you have a problem with that?"

"What? No!" Changbin crushed me into a hug. "Yeji, I've been craving your cooking for four freaking years. Holy shit, I can't wait. I've literally had dreams about this."

I burst out laughing, surprised, and the others joined in. "No offense to you two," Changbin added to Felix and Minho, releasing me.

Felix put a hand over his heart. "Offense taken. Yeji, you better be some master chef, or else I'll never forgive your brother."

"But also, no pressure," Chan added. He smiled at me warmly. "Whatever you make, Yeji, I'm sure it'll be delicious."

I smiled back. "Thanks, Chan."

"You're staying with us for movie night, too, then?" asked Hyunjin, and I nodded. "Cool. What are we watching tonight, anyways?" He looked toward Changbin. "Please don't make us rewatch those medieval K-dramas again."

"Hey, they're classics," Changbin argued. "And at least I'm not making us watch the Barbie movie."

Everyone looked at Felix.

He held up his hands. "Chelsea is my spirit animal. I stand by that."

"Chelsea's personality is more plastic than the ocean," said Jisung. "You're better than that, Lix."

"And you're better than the trash anime you binge-watch," Felix pointed out.

"[trashy anime] is not trash!"

Jeongin shrugged. "I'd take Barbie over cat documentaries any day," he said with a pointed glance at Minho.

Minho sat up angrily. "The stray cats in China don't have anyone to feed them, okay? We need to be raising awareness."

Changbin frowned at Seungmin "As long as we're not watching horror movies..."

"There was one jump-scare—"

"Seungmin, there was literally a serial killer with a scythe—"

"Of course there was a killer, it was a murder mystery—"

"O-kay," Chan said loudly, tapping the table, and the room quieted. "As you can see, Yeji, we usually have a lot of trouble finding a movie everyone agrees with."

I chuckled. "I think you guys all just like different things. I do, too; it's normal."

"You don't want to know what things she likes," Changbin muttered under his breath.

"Says the person who binge-watched Boys Over Flowers in high school so much he almost failed his final exams," I shot back, crossing my arms from where I was leaning against the kitchen wall. "My taste is exquisite compared to yours."