Prologue

I walked through the courtyard, smiling at the other graduates that I passed. Everyone was smiling and I couldn't even tell you how many groups of people I passed that where hugging. I was looking for my friends. They had text me before the ceremony. We planned to meet in the courtyard. I went to walk back towards the lobby when I heard a loud piercing scream that sounded like my name.

"Kaycee!" Julia collided into me, embracing me in a bone crushing hug. "Oh my god! I'm so proud of you!" I giggled as we swayed back and forth as we hugged.

"Thank you! Ah, I just can't believe that I did it." I heard a voice come from behind me.

"Well, you've been here for five damn years." I smiled and embraced the tall man. "Hey, kiddo."

"Hi, Ryan." He smiled. A couple other people appeared, all ready to give hugs and with smiles plastered effortlessly on their faces.

Julia, my bold yet extremely outgoing best friend, has been in my life since birth.Ryan, very introverted yet lacking a filter, had met me in middle school. Alana, a blonde and highly giddy friend of mine had been with me since 4th grade. Alexa, sassy and opinionated as she is, hasn't left my side since 3rd grade. They all had their significant others with them, whom I also became close with. Julia had Dean, Alexa had Shawn, Alana had Chris, and Ryan had this girl from his work- Megan or something. He told em she was very nice and he seemed happy so generally I couldn't argue.

The lot of us had been friends for years but unfortunately the majority had been older than me. Not by much, but they all got their degrees before me. I was the baby of the group and everyone encouraged me. I was relieved, however, that i finished college.

Manchester Technical Institute in England. Everyone had moved to England during my third year. I didn't mind, we all pitched in and bought an apartment down town London. I could finally live in it and believe me when I say that I was more than excited.

That night, the boys helped me move out of my dorm and into the apartment. It was quite large. Regardless of it being one floor, it was long. Eight rooms total, six bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, and a very spacious living room. I smiled as I entered my room. It was the farthest room on the left side of the house. I had my own bathroom and I was literally five steps from the kitchen which was great. I walked around the large apartment and entered the kitchen. Ryan, Dean, Julia, and Alexa were sitting at the table. They all smiled when they saw me.

"How do you like your room?" Ryan smiled as I rounded the corner and headed towards the kitchen.

"It's great. I love it." I smiled as I took a bite out of an apple as I sat down. "What's all this." Julia looked up and smiled.

"Well," She sighed. "These," she pointed to blueprints on my left. "are my blueprints for the new house I get to build. Its Grecian with a touch of vintage. The lady was insistent on having something old fashioned." I nodded.

"And that?" I pointed to the pile of papers with names. Julia sighed.

"Those are the arrangements for the fundraiser that the company is hosting." I nodded.

"Oh yeah, I remember you telling me about that." Julia nodded. "Well," I threw the apple core into the trash then made my way over to her. I hugged her lightly. "I'm off to bed,  I have my first of work tomorrow." They all nodded and I laughed. "Good night, guys." I heard scattered adieus as I entered my room and closed the door. I ran and flopped down on my bed. I wiggled my way under the covers and giggled. I sighed. I was starting work tomorrow.

oh boy.