Chapter 2

When we arrived, there was a red carpet awaiting with camera lights flashing so sporadically that I thought I'd pass out. As we exited the car, the valet took the keys and parked the car. Julia linked arms with me and smiled as we walked down the long red carpeting. I smiled at the cameras and, awkwardly enough, I felt totally comfortable. When we entered I was truly baffled by the amount of effort that went into this. There was a fucking chandelier! I smiled as we walked through. she left me for some corporate people who looked like they had piled up their butts so I stayed near the balcony on the second floor and managed to snag a few glasses of wine while I stared up at the starry sky. I heard a small group of people talking and I turned around at the sound of a familiar voice.

"That character wasn't well developed." The tall brunette smirked.

"You don't even understand the true complexity of the damn man. He was emotionally conflicted but moral ethical." The man was tall. His slightly grey hair coiffed in a subtle way. it had taken me several moments to realize who it was. He didn't even have to turn around before I muttered.

"Alan Rickman.." Apparently I had said it loud enough for him to hear because he turned around and looked at me, a slight smirk playing on his face. He seemed to have dismissed his friends because they dispersed.

"That is my name, yes." I could feel the dorky smile on my face and managed to look somewhat sane. "And who might you be?" I smiled.

"Kaycee Greyson." He took my hand in his and raised it to his lips, kissing it softly.

"A pleasure, Ms. Greyson." I bit my lip and smirked slightly. He walked over to the wall and leaned against it. "What brings you here?"

"My best friend organized this." He nodded.

"Julia, right?" I nodded. "My friend dragged me here." He chuckled. "He's trying to set me up." I cocked my head slightly.

"Aren't you with Rima?" My eyes widened when he turned his gaze on me.

"You know about my life?" I nodded shyly.

"Well, I mean, you're Alan Rickman. Who doesn't?" He chuckled, causing a shiver down my spine.

"Point made. But no, I'm no longer with that woman." I was hesitant but pried anyway.

"That bad?" He nodded.

"She'd been having an affair with some man from Belgium or something and.." I stopped him, completely unaware that my hand was on his arm.

"You don't have to say anything else." I went to remove my hand but his stopped it. "I'm sorry that happened." He shrugged.

"It happens." I nodded and had my hand at my side. "You seem like a lovely young lady." I smiled, allowing myself to blush. "What do you do?"

"I graduated from Manchester Technical Institute about two months ago and I've been working for the criminal department as a private investigator." He smiled.

"Very impressive." I smiled as I grabbed a glass of wine off a tray.

"I try." He chuckled. We ended having a long discussion, managing to miss the corporations speech. I felt bad but, hey this was Alan Rickman and I was NOT about to pass up this opportunity. I stood up as I heard Julia begin to speak. Alan followed as I walked over to the railing. She'd been preparing this speech for months. I was so proud of her. It was s lengthy speech but she had everyone hanging on every word. She ended with a "thank you" and everyone went back to their conversations. Julia ran up the stairs and smiled.

"Did you like it?" I nodded as I hugged her.

"I love it. You did so great!" She smiled.

"Thanks. I was so nervo- Holy crap you're Alan Rickman." He chuckled as Julia gazed at him in disbelief.

"I can see why you two are friends." I giggled slightly,

"Wait, you've met?" I nodded. "When?!"

"A little while ago." She stared at me for a long moment, sending me one hell of a telepathic message then looked back at Alan.

"My apologies for being so crude but this is great." he nodded.

"I understand." She sighed in relief and looked back at me.

"Are you heading home with me?" Before I could answer, Alan interjected.

"I could take her home, if that's alright." I nodded and smiled.

"Thank you." Julia nodded then hugged me.

"I'll see you at home then." she looked at Alan. "It was nice meeting you." He nodded.

"Same to you." Julia headed down the stairs and disappeared into the crowd. "Do you want to go get some real food?" I turned and looked at him.

"Are you asking me on a date?" He thought a moment then smiled.

"I certainly am." I smiled, biting my lip.

"I'd love too." We headed out to his car. It was the car you'd expect Alan Rickman to have. Medium sized, black, and spacious. He opened the door and allowed me to get in, then shut it. Je made his way to the drivers side and got in, putting the key in the ignition. The car rumbled low as it started. We made our way down the highway when he finally spoke.

"I know this might seem a bit rash but you seem like a lovely girl." I smiled.

"Why does that seem rash?"

"Because I met you four hours ago and now I'm taking you to dinner." I smirked.

"Are you insinuating that you like me so you want to take me out again?" He didn't speak. "Oh gosh, you're adorable." I immediately buried my face in my hand after I said that.

"I'm adorable?" He was far too amused.

"Well, yes." He smirked.

"And what makes you say such a thing?" I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I've admired you since I was sixteen and the only flaw I've seemed to find is that most of your characters are assholes but other than that, I've always found you adorable." He was laughing now, fully and unequivocally laughing. We'd been parked for several minutes but he continued to laugh. "You must think I'm a crazy fan or something." He shook his head.

"No, not at all. You haven't attacked me and begged me to do some awful thing with you so no, I don't think that at all." He smiled as he opened his door. I mentally cursed myself and exited the car.

"Olive Garden?" He smiled.

"You don't like it?" I shook my head.

"On the contrary. This happens to be my favorite restaurant." he smiled and offered me his arm.

"Good. Shall we?" I nodded and took his arm graciously as we entered. Everyone had greeted him and welcomed him as if he were a regular.

"You're pretty famous here." He nodded.

"Yup." And that was all he said as we sat down.