Chapter 5

The next few days went by almost in a blur. Wednesday there was a check in on the murder case and I hadn't gotten much farther than his patterns. The boss gave me a bit of a break and wanted to see what he could do to help. Yesterday, nothing. I vegged on the couch and watched an Alan Rickman movie marathon; Gambit, Blow Dry, Snow Cake, Dark Harbor, and Sweeney Todd. Today, today was Friday. A pleasant day. It was sunny with a nice breeze so I wore my sundress. I decided to go out and get a few things before my date tonight with Alan. It was around noon so I figured that I had plenty of time. I bought some new make up, a bra, some newer panties, and a pair of black heels. I went home and took a shower. I had taken one the night before but my hair wasn't gonna cooperate unless wet, and being that my hair was long and had some curl to it, it was gonna have to get its shit together. I looked at the clock, 2:37. I sighed then headed to my closet. I found a dress in my that seemed casual but looked like it passed off as elegant. It was dark blue with a halter-top, and had a small "bedazzled" belt. I did a once over and though that everything looked good. My dark cherry auburn hair was down for the most part, I had twisted a small section of my bangs so it looked as if there was a crown on my head. I smiled and grabbed my heels, bounding down the stairs and reaching the kitchen. I heard my phone buzzing, I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Good evening, Ms. Greyson." I smiled at the sound of Alan's voice. "Would it be any trouble if I picked you up now?" I looked over at the clock, 6:32.

"Yeah, I'm ready when you are."

"Great I'll see you soon." And with that he hung up. I quickly did my make up; sparkly eye shadow, winged eyeliner, pink lip stick, and mascara. I could pull off the simple stuff in five minutes, which is the amount of time it took Alan to reach my house. He didn't even half to knock. I opened the door, smiling and swaying slightly. Alan looked handsome, as usual. He had on a white collared shirt and a dark grey sweater with black trousers. He stared at me for a moment then smiled.

"You look..." He didn't even finish.

"Hideous?" He shook his head.

"Anything but." I bit my lip.

"You look mighty fine yourself there, sir." He chuckled.

"Ready?" I nodded and walked out the door, locking it behind me. Taylor had been waiting, looking content as ever.

"You look lovely this evening, Kaycee." I smiled.

"Thank you and you look quite dapper yourself, Mr. Taylor." The older man chuckled then made his way to the drivers seat, closing the door behind me as I got in.

"Where to, sir?" Alan took a moment then simply looked at Taylor. "Ahh, she'll love it." I looked over at Alan who was smiling to himself.

"Don't worry." He placed his hand on my thigh gently. "You'll love it."

"Apparently." I giggled softly and continued to stare out the window. We pulled into a large lot and there was a large building. There where two men standing in front of the building, opening the doors for those who entered and exited. When I got out of the car my jaw practically dropped to the floor. Alan placed his hand on the small of my back as we walked in. He said nothing as we walked by. I was too busy taking in everything to pay attention if he did speak anyway. He stopped at a large door.

"I need you to take a deep breath and try not to scream." I nodded as he looked a me, smirking as he pulled the latch on the door. "Close your eyes." I sighed, obeying him. He took my hand and led me down a few steps then stopped. "Open." I opened my eyes, practically breathless.

"Alan." He stepped towards me.

"Do you like it?" I looked at him.

"Like it? No." His face lowered. "I love it. This is...amazing." He smiled and took my hand, pressing it to his lips gently. I giggled as my attention was drawn to the walls.