Chapter 1

Two Months Later:

"Hey, kid." I looked over at Shawn. "Did you get the files for the new case?" I nodded.

"Yup," I patted the folder that laid on my desk. "why?" Shawn rolled his chair over to the front of my desk.

"Apparently, the boss wants you to figure this guy out." I smiled.

"You're serious?" Shawn nodded.

"I'd get moving." I did a small happy dance, which earned an eyeroll from Shawn as he wheeled himself back to his desk. I opened the large folder and began to profile him. It took a while just to figure out his pattern. Criminals always have patterns. I ran my fingers through my hair as I looked at the clock. "I have an hour left." Shawn chuckled.

"You're seriously going to that damn party?" I sighed.

"If I don't, Jules would murder me." He shook his head.

"Get outta here, Kayce. I can handle things here." I gave him an appreciative smile and headed out the door. I got in my small black Volkswagen Beetle and drove to the apartment. When I got there, it was like Timbuktu had gone through the damn place. Julia was rushing around, struggling to put on a red pump as she searched for her earring. I managed to make my way to the living room and saw the boys sitting on the couch in their tuxedos. they simultaneously looked up at me with smirks in their faces.

"How long has she been freaking out?" Ryan chuckled.

"Since she woke up." I looked over at Dean, who shrugged.

"Great." I sighed and shuffled off to my room to get ready. I hopped into the shower and only managed a good 15 minutes before Julia started to yell at me through the door. I sighed and turns off the water. thankfully I had managed to wash myself and shave so didn't feel like an animal. I wrapped myself in a towel and opened the door.

"This outfit doesn't seem right and I can't find my earring and i think I have one of your shoes on and-" I covered her mouth with my hand.

"Sit down, let me put some damn underwear on, and then we can figure all of this out." She nodded and flopped down onto the edge of my bed. It grew on my "special occasion" underwear, which where these adorable red lace panties that I bought at Victoria Secret and I got the matching bra for free so I was very excited. I walked out into my room and began to search the closet.

"Special occasion undergarments? it isn't my birthday." We both began to laugh as she wiggled her eyebrows in a seductive manner as I took a mid- thigh length dress off of a hanger. It was black with a gape-neck and it had a slight slit in the side so my waist showed. I shimmied it on and giggled as I admired myself slightly in the large mirror. Julia whistled and smiled as she found a pair of earrings in my jewelry box. I slipped on my favorite pair of heels. They where about 5-inches and where black with a studded clasp. I ended up fixing Julia's make up as I did my own. She had calmed down immensely. I gave my eyes a smoky silver look with some black eyeliner and my favorite mascara. I applied red lipstick for that extra flair that Julia insisted I needed. She sighed as she looked at the clock.

"Kayce. We gotta go." I nodded and smiled.

"You've got this, babes." she smiled and we walked downstairs. Dean gave her a kiss as she walked passed him and I smiled at Ryan as I walked by him. I got in Julia's black Cadillac and she drove us to the large venue.