Chapter 4

I went to work the next day as if nothing had happened. It was around 11 o'clock and Shawn had come in looking recked.

"Heh, what the hell happened to you?" Shawn grumbled as a response. "Get a little hammered now did we?" Shawn looked up from his chair and glared at me.

"Asshole." I laughed and took a bite of my bagel. He came over to me and grabbed my bagel, taking a large bite. "How's the case coming?"

"Pretty well. His last murder was a year or so ago and they all had similar features so I'm thinking that he had some of woman in his life that looks like these women." Shawn nodded and a door slammed.

"Well done." Ryan had come in, the usual smile etched across his face.

"Morning Ry." He handed me a coffee.

"Morning, kiddo." Ryan sat down and looked over at Shawn.

"A bit hungover?" I began to laugh and Shawns eyes widened.

"Is it that fucking obvious?" Ryan and I exchanged glances.

"Yes." Shawn glared at me as I shifted in my chair, attempting to control the fit of laughter. There was the sound of a door opening that brought us back from our laughing.

"Morning, Wanda." Wanda Grizwald, small, blonde, and chubby. I absolutely adored her.

"Good morning, Kaycee. I have someone looking for you in the front. Should I have them come back here?" I nodded.

"Sure." Wanda smiled as she walked back through the door. I fixed my shirt and ran my fingers through my hair, it cooperated with me this morning. As the door swung open I rose from my chair. I was looking down at the pile of papers when the tall figure approached me. I looked up and could help the blush that was appearing on my face. "Alan.." I breathed. He was staring at me, a small smirk playing across his face. "What can I do you for..." I closed my eyes. "do for you..?" He chuckled.

"I wanted to see you." I smiled. "I brought you these." he held out a bouquet of roses. I smiled and took them from him. I placed them on the desk and turned to him.

"Thank you. They're beautiful." I leaned up and kissed his cheek. He reached up and placed his hand gently on my cheek.

"I'll let you get back to your work. I'll see you Friday?" I nodded and smiled as he walked out. Shawn and Ryan looked at me, both wearing an amused smirk.

"Got yourself a little boyfriend?" Shawn threw crumpled up papers at me. "Oooh." I stuck my tongue out at him and looked over at Ryan.

"Blushing much?" I placed my hand on my cheek.

"Shut up, Ryan." He chuckled. "Never thought that Alan Rickman would be takin you out, huh?" I shook my head.

"Nope, but I'm excited." Shawn chuckled as I sat down.

"I bet." He wiggled his eyebrows flirtatiously and I scoffed playfully.

"Asshole." The two men laughed and I rolled my eyes, continuing my work.

It was about 6:30 when I found my way home. I flopped down on the couch and flicked on the TV.

"Alan Rickman was seen last night leaving the Fairbanks Architect Fundraiser with a young woman who looked to be about 27." I scoffed.

"I'm 23." I rolled my eyes and continued to listen.

"The handsome 42 year-old has recently finished his newest movie and it is said to be released next month." I muted the volume and smiled.

"This could've been worse." I rose from the couch and meandered into the kitchen to grab a drink. I heard my phone buzz and I quickly grabbed a coke from the fridge. I swiped the lock screen and saw that it was Alan. I hit the callback button. "Hello, Mr. Rickman." I heard him chuckle.

"Good evening, Ms. Greyson."

"What can I do for you?"

"Have you seen Extra?" I sighed.

"Yes."

"Are you alright?" I smiled.

"I'm fine. I've just been worried about you is all."

"You're worried about me?"

"Yes. You've always been known to be a very private person." Alan laughed softly.

"I'd gladly give up my privacy for you." I began to chew my lip.

"You hardly know me."

"Yet I trust you more than I trust myself."

"You shouldn't." He was silent. "I'm not going to murder or kidnap you. I'm just.." He interrupted me.

"Open your door." I turned my gaze towards the door. I sauntered over and opened it, finding Alan standing there.

"Hi." It was all I could muster. This man... I don't know what I've done to deserve this but I'm loving it.

"Hi." He walked by me and hung up his coat.

"Sorry. Ah, make yourself at home." Alan smiled as he sat down at the kitchen counter.

"I apologize for the sudden intrusion but.."

"It's fine. I don't mind."

"I wanted to speak to you in person. I want you to continue what you where saying." I nodded and sat down.

"Well, I mean. You said you trust me." he nodded.

"I do trust you." I sighed.

"Why?" He gave me a somber look.

"I don't know. I just get a very strong feeling when I'm around you." I smiled.

"That's very flattering but I don't know how you can trust me. I don't even trust myself." Alan cocked his head slightly. "I mean I'm not some crazy psycho, but like.."

"But what?"

"I'm not very good at the whole relationship business and that's what I feel you're trying to establish because there has never been a man who has been so devoted in seeing me." Alan smiled.

"I'll be honest. I am hoping that you and I end up together because you're absolutely amazing." I went to speak but he hushed me. "I've known who you are since you moved to England, Kaycee. I've admired you from a far for the longest time and quite frankly I loved it." I was speechless. Its like listening to myself talk about my constant Google checks on him. I simply blushed.

"I've been here for 5 years." Alan nodded then slowly placed his hand on mine.

"It's shocking, believe me, I would know." I giggled. That's honestly all my brain could do. Smile and laugh. I felt genuinely stupid but judging by the way Alan was staring at me, he couldn't care less. There was a loud thump and Alexa came in with Julia.

"Hey there!" I hid my head in my hand. "Oh, I do believe we are interrupting something." Julia smiled and dragged Alexa into the living room. Alan's phone rang.

"Hello? Yes...Not a problem...See you soon. Bye."

"Who was that?" I took a sip of my coke.

"Director. He wants me to come in." I shooed him.

"Well go then. Wouldn't wanna keep him waiting." Alan chuckled then stood. I hopped off the stool and walked with him over to the door.

"I'll call you later." I nodded and he leaned down and kisses me softly. He slid out the door and the door clicked behind him. I sighed as I walked to the counter. So am I like his girlfriend now?

Oh good lord.