eight

they drove back in their scratched up mercedes. hoping to head back to the room and look for more clues.

"come on, i got a guy in la who's great with interior he can always-

the car was hit by a large suv and they were pushed across the road into a neon sign. there was glass everywhere and if any of them didn't have whiplash before, they did now.

"what the fuck was that" phil grunted trying to get situated. he looked around to make sure everyone was okay. he looked in the back to find liv knocked out cold. "shit! liv?"

then someone started banging on the car and yelling at them. it was the man from the trunk with two other guys. they started to pull phil out of the window while still screaming at him. they pointed guns at stu and alan to get out of the car.

the small man looked around the car. "hey hey get her to."

"NO!" Phil yelled being held back by the bigger guard. Stu struggled and the other guard pushed him around. "don't touch her"

the man picked her up bridal style out of the car. "what do you want me to do boss, she's out cold."

"i want my purse back assholes." he said.

"what?" alan questioned struggling to get up.

"you steal from wrong guy okay?" the man said putting his hands together. he had a small slender stature and had eyes like voids of nothingness. he spoke in a way that was so inexplicably demonizing that anything he said or did just uttered wealth and power.

His small frame didn't seem intimidating but the way he looked at olivia like he wanted to devour her showed everyone just how crazy he was.

he walked like he didn't give a fuck about what anyone thought of him and stole a glance at Phil after rubbing livs head.

"wait a second, we stole from you?" phil's eyes were wide and it was hard to concentrate when he could see this girl that he had known and cared for for so long in the hands of a n obviously dangerous stranger.

the man nodded and smiled psychotically. he walked over to stu and stood in front of him focusing on what he had to say. "look we don't remember anything from last night so could you help us out a little?" Stu backed up in a panic, not wanting to be around this man.

"80 grand you fuckas stole from me and i want it back." they all looked around confused. "we met at a craps table last night, you were on a heater and i played your hot streak." he pointed to alan. "i won the money and y'all fuckas took off with it."

he gestured to the empty bag in one of the guards hand. the boys understood what was going on and Stu started. "look this is a very simple misunderstanding, Alan and your purses are identical and they must have been switched up."

"it's not a purse it's a satchel" alan defended. he was worried too and he felt like everyone around him was treating him like a child. it's hard growing up with parents like his and such a cool older sister to be intimidated by. normally he would look to olivia for some sort of guidance but she was still knocked out.

it sorta clicked for him that she was in danger right now so he spoke up. "will you please put her back in the car so we can go get your money." he pleaded. Alan had known olivia for a long time since she was very close with his sister. they didn't always get along but there were times when she stook up for him when no one else did. he wanted to do the same.

Alan stepped forward while he waited for a response. he looked at the man and tilted his head. "you want to see your friend again you get me my 80 grand"