fifteen

the heat outside was nothing compared to the humid sticky stairways of their hotel. they decided to go back and look through chows pockets to see if they could find anything resembling the passcodes they needed.

as the day went on their legs started to tremble and the beads of sweat started to evaporate on their own.

"so what's in the bag babe?" phil asked as he pushed his wet hair out of his face.

"oh right" olivia looked down and shuffled her small hand through the paper bag. she pulled out a white v neck short sleeve and threw it at phil. and she gave stu a red t shirt and alan wasn't wearing any long sleeve so she thought he would be okay. "thanks" stu said.

"you look cute" phil said taking off his shirt. he slapped her butt as they continued to walk up the stairs.

as they reached their floor almost out of breath again, olivia's phone rang. it was tracy. "shit" she looked at phil and he nodded. "just tell her what you can okay."

she walked into their room while the boys looked for clues in chows pockets. "hey trace"

"olivia billings"

"i know i know"

"what the hell are you doing"

"the boys and i went fishing and now we are stuck on the dock having beers"

"really"

"yeah phil is standing on the table right now"

just then there was yelling and thuds heard from down the hall and olivia covered the speaker to the phone.

"yeah okay trace he's getting a little out of hand now so i have to go. bye!" she hung up the phone and flung open the door to run down the hall. she sped around the corner to the ice machine and found alan and stu on the floor cupping their faces. phil was pushing a struggling and alive chow against the ice box.

chow was breathing heavily and dripping in what used to be ice. you could see his stone breath in the air and his purple lips begged for any sign of warmth.

"leslie did you hit them?" he violently shook his head no and tried to sit up straight. "oh hey pumpkin" he said

she cringed and took a deep breath.

-

when they got chow a blanket and some coffee they sat outside at a picnic table. it was dark now and the lights from the food trucks around them made everything seem green and blue. the foods smelt of chicken and extravagant spices.

"chow nobody killed you" phil started. "you were already dead you didn't have a pulse"

"you never do blow before?" he cupped his hands around the mug and sipped it.

"he's right" olivia took a sip of her own coffee and rested one of her legs on top of phils. "sniffing too much makes your heart stop and start sporadically"

stu coughed. "look chow some guy told us that you have the bank codes to something." he looked at phil. "and if we don't bring them to him first thing in the morning...he's gonna kill teddy"

the small man shivered in his place still recovering from his previous state. he pointed his small finger covered in rings at stu. "kingsley? pfft. he harmless"

alan came up behind olivia with two burgers in his hand. he cleared his throat looking for somewhere to sit. phil noticed and pulled her into his lap as she took one of the burgers from her friend. "don't worry i got the codes."