thirteen

A kaleidoscope of strangers flooded the sidewalks around them. The rhythm of the hurried footsteps surrounded their ears. as they walked through the mingling city, Alan stopped in his tracks, pointing at a photo on a door. "guys check it out."

it was a picture of stu under a tattoo parlor sign smiling. "good eye alan"

they stumbled into the store, rummaging through a pile of boxes before finding a man tattooing a little boy. He looked up at them, smiling as they gazed at each other confused. "look who it is" he held up a finger signaling for them to wait for him to finish.

"how old is that kid" liv whispered to phil. she shrugged hoping and guessing by his stance that it was voluntary. they rolled the older gentleman in front of them.

the man closed the cap to the tattoo gun, brushed off his hands, and stood up, gesturing for them to come over to greet him. "how do you like it?" he examined stu's face.

"what?"

"that tattoos, you like em?" he pointed to olivia too.

"them? as in plural tattoos?" the boys looked at her confused.

the man laughed. "you guys don't remember do you? no wonder. you guys were high as shit." he sighed. "uh yeah, baby here got one on her um- inner leg, area" he scratched his head.

phil's face went white. "what?" he quickly turned around and pushed her up against the wall to cover her and hiked his hands up the fabric of her shorts revealing in small print on the inside of her left thigh the words

must be 9 inches or bigger to ride this ride

seeing it she slapped her hand against her mouth in shock and put her head back in disbelief. he just laughed in slight relief. "lucky me"

"Phil!" she smacked his arm, still stunned.

the man laughed. "and uh fatso over here got one to" he said pointing to alan.

"watch it buddy" she hissed stepping towards him shoving her finger in his face. the monkey pittered behind her head.

"i did?" he lifted up his shirt and looked around his body. "what did i get?"

"on your ankle"

alan pushed his long sock down and revealed a small heart around an L just above his foot. he looked up and laughed. "probably for lex luthor, he's so badass"

the boys and liv looked at him waiting for it to hit him. his eyes went cold when he realized. "oh no"

liv shrugged. "damn." she shook her head. "look sir could you help us out-

"i don't do refunds baby sorry" he pointed to the sign.

"will you shut up i'm trying to talk." the boys stepped back a little at her harsh tone. "we have absolutely no idea what happened last night and we need you to give us any info you have cause my brothers new family member is lost somewhere and we can't find him okay"

"so you have no memory of getting into a fight at the white lion?"

"none. wait what"

"yeah you guys started a whole fucking riot and when the police came, y'all ran into the shop and decided to get tattoos while you waited."

Stu stepped up behind olivia. "we should just go there liv" she nodded. "thank you sir"

"you're welcome baby." he looked back down at the kid sitting in the chair. they started to walk out the door. "i can just get my boxers later"