Week 5. Two-on-one (Part 1)

Today was finally the day of my first two-on-one date. I was extremely nervous, because I didn't know what I would do, or what decision I would make.

I knew I had to follow my heart, but part of me was scared about the consequences of my decisions.

*At the mansion*
There was a knock on the door, before Chris Harrison entered the hotel room, where everyone was chilling in the living room.

"Gentlemen, good afternoon. How's everyone doing?" He asked as he approached them.

"We're doing good, Chris." Theo answered.

"Good, I'm glad." Chris made a pause. "So, as you might have figured out by now, there is one last date this week. A two-on-one."

Everyone nodded. Josh looked annoyed and Shawn looked kind of concerned.

"Shawn, Josh. There is a car outside waiting to take you to your date." He looked at both men. "Remember to take this time to talk to Alanna and figure out all of your concerns. Have a good day, gentlemen."

With that, Chris walked away and everyone was left thinking.

"Well, I guess we'll see each other later. Or maybe not." Shawn said as he stood up from the couch and turned around to face the guys.

"Have a good date, brother." Alexander said, approaching him to give him a Pat on the back.

"Thanks."

He exited the room without saying anything else, Josh following suit without having said anything at all. Everyone could see he was having a hard time with who he was having to share the date with.

*Back with Alanna*
I was standing up, looking at the beautiful scene before me, waiting for Josh and Shawn, as I was trying to figure out what both my heart and head were trying to tell me.

I had seen an ugly part of Josh that I didn't like, and Kyle's voice was playing in the back of my head. He had been right when we talked, I had seen a serious red flag with Josh, but my heart had a special place for him.

I was truly conflicted.

My relationship with Shawn had been good, we did talk and I felt secure with him, but sometimes I felt like all of our conversations revolved around Josh. I knew they didn't like each other, that was very clear.

But, at the end of the day, I owed it to myself and both relationships to figure out a way to make my brain and heart be on the same page.

Too immersed in my thoughts, I didn't realize both Josh and Shawn were arriving to where I was standing. It wasn't until one of them cleared their throat that I snapped out of it.

"Oh, hi. I'm sorry." I said with a chuckle as I approached them to give them a hug. "How are you guys?"

"Good, how are you?" Josh answered as he grabbed my hand.

"I'm good. So excited to be here, enjoying this beautiful view and wonderful weather." I said with a smile.

"It is nice indeed. You don't get to see this kind of nature back home." Shawn said as we sat down on the blanket that was on the grass under us.

"Yeah, it is beautiful." I said before staying silent for a few moments. I sighed. "I know you were probably shocked when you figured out the date was a two-on-one."

Josh chuckled. "That's putting it nicely."

I decided to brush off Josh's tone and continue with what I was going to say.

"It's come to a point in this journey where I need to start reflecting and making more difficult decisions. I know you know that one of you won't be returning to the house, so this will be the last time we see each other."