Week 1. One-on-one

"So, how did it go yesterday guys?" Kyle asked the guys.

"It was really fun. We went to a skating rink and when we arrived Alanna started dancing and it was so amazing. Alanna looked beautiful." Alexander answered. "Will won, Jack got the rose and then, because Will had won, he and Alanna went out. Where did you guys go?" everyone turned to Will.

"We went to an ice cream shop. She told me that when she was little, she used to go with her parents to get ice cream after a skating competition, so we did that."

"That's cool." Kyle said. 

"Yeah, it was." There was an awkward silence that took over the room after the conversation ended.

*KNOCK KNOCK*
"Hey guys." I entered the room and I literally saw everyone smile. "How are you guys?. I know that it is hard watching someone go on a one-on-one, but I promise that in every date, I will try my best to give you the time you need. With that said, Brent." I turned to look at Brent. "Are you ready?"

"Yes ma'am." I laughed at his choice of words and then grabbed his hand.

"Lets go."

We exited the house and everyone followed us.
When we were out of the house, we climbed into my car and then drove off. As Brent was such a gentlemen, he was the one driving. He had one hand on the steering wheel and the other in my leg.

"So, do you have an idea of hat we are doing today?"

"Not really. I know it must be something with heights, but I don't really know."
"Well, you will in just a moment."

We arrived at the location and walked to the entrance.

"The date card said 'lets take our love to new heights' and we'll be skydiving. Have you ever done this?"

"No. Never."

"Well, me neither. So this will be our first time. I think that one of the main things in a relationship is trust, so we will be putting that to the test today."

"I like it. Lets go."

He held my hand and started walking. The instructor approached us.

"Hi, you must be Brent and Alanna."

"Yes, we are." I answered.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Mike, and I will be your instructor today." Brent and I nodded. "Perfect. Well lets go get you some proper clothes."

He led us to the changing area and gave us the suits.

He started giving us indications. "So, this suit will protect you from the harsh air. You need to wear the glasses, because if you don't, you can damage your eyes."

We put on our suits and walked towards the helicopter.

"Now, there are some basic rules for this.
1. When we get into the helicopter, buckle up and put your headphones on, that way we can communicate with you.
2. When we are between 7,500 to 15,000 feet, we will let you know and you must quickly unbuckle and carefully stand in the green area.
3. You will be strapped into another instructor. Alanna, you will go with me and Brent will go with Joe.
4. We will open the door and after that we will position ourselves near the door.
5. Your instructor will count to five and when they say 3 you will position your head in your instructors shoulder, try to keep it there until you are in the air, out of the chopper.
Any questions?" We said no and then we followed him into the helicopter.

*Back at the mansion*
"Guys." Brian yelled from the living room. "I have the date card." Everyone ran down the stairs to meet with Brian. 

Colton, Cameron, Ronny, Liam, Jack, Kyle, Bill, Isaac, Taron, Luke, Josh. "Lets have a margarita."

"So, who did not get to be on a date this week?" Brian asked.
Riley, Cole and Cam raised their hands.

"So are you guys nervous?" Taron asked them.

Cole was the one who answered. "I mean, yes. If you don't have a date, then you have to make an extra effort and make up for that time you didn't have with her. I am nervous, but I know that we had a good chemistry on the first night, so I am confident in that."

"That's a good way of putting things." Kyle told Cole.

Both Riley and Cam remained silent, so everyone took that as a sign off nervousness.

*Back with Brent and Alanna*
As we took off in the helicopter, Brent reached for my hands. "Are you nervous?" he asked me as he squeezed my hand.

"I am, but I'm also excited. You?"

"If I'm being honest, I'm terrified of heights, so I am nervous, but I am excited to try new thing, specially if it's with you."

When he said that, I just smiled and leaned in to kiss him. While we were kissing, we got interrupted by a voice.

"Guys, get ready, remember to do as instructed."

It all went way to fast. One minute we were preparing ourselves to jump and then the other, we were already on the ground.

It was amazing to say the least. The adrenaline rush was great and I felt so excited and happy.

When we landed, the moment we were able to take off all our gear, Brent ran up to me, he picked me up so I circled my legs around his waist and then we kissed.

It was probably one of the best kisses I have ever had. It was sweet and tender, yet passionate at the same time. I don't know if it was the adrenaline rushing through my whole body, or the fact that he put aside his fear of heights for me, but in that moment, I was really glad I was with Brent.

"Wow." Brent said as soon as we stopped kissing. "That was amazing."

"What? Jumping or the kissing?" I had a huge smile on my face, and I didn't know what could take it away.

"Well, jumping was pretty insane, yet exciting and I have this happiness, but I think kissing you has become one of my favorite things to do."

I instantly blushed and I tried to take my eyes off of his, but there was something that prevented me from doing that.

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .  

Brent was sitting next to me, we were sitting in an empty warehouse, which was nicely decorated, with dim lights to set the mood to a romantic one.
We had just finished eating.

I looked at Brent. "Tell me something about you."

"I lost one of my best friends when I was in high school."

"Really?"

"Yeah, we were so young. It was a long time ago, but it still feels like it was yesterday."

"Can I ask what happened?"

He nodded. "I remember it was a Friday night, we went to a friends house to play video games, we were just having a good night. When we were done, we were on our way home, because we lived together, but we never got home, well, at least he didn't."

"Mhm." I nodded my head as a sign for him to keep going.

"A drunk diver hit our car and we lost control. It was a nasty car crash. We both made it to the hospital, we were both rushed into surgery. I had massive internal bleeding and multiple broken bones, the list goes on, but he had a head injury. I don't really remember what was it, because it is a complicated medical word, but he died in surgery. I never got to say goodbye to him." I could see he was trying to stay strong.

"I have never experienced something like that in my life, but I know that loosing someone dear and close to you hurts and it breaks you mentally and emotionally. I lost my grandmother when I was also in high school, I really didn't get along with her, because she had done pretty nasty and bad stuff to people I love, but when she died, I could see my uncle in a great deal of pain. It broke him."

"Yes. We were childhood friends, and suddenly he wasn't here anymore."

"But I can tell you that he would be extremely proud of the man you have become and that every day, every moment he is watching over you, protecting you. Maybe he is not here physically with you, but he will always be in your heart."

"Thank you. Those were some nice words."

I looked at the rose that was in front of us, and then I grabbed it.
"
I want to thank you for everything. Going on an adventure with me, getting over your fear of heights just for me, confiding in me with this thing that happened to you. You are truly a great man and I am glad I got to spend the day with you. So, Brent..." I exhaled. "Will you accept this rose?"

"It would be my pleasure."

I pinned the rose to his jacket and then we kissed.
We then stood up, and went our separate ways.

I was so happy that I was convinced that nothing in this world would or could change that.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Little did I know.