Week 3. Cocktail party

It was night time, and I was on my way to the cocktail party.
I had a pending issue for tonight, and that was to talk to Josh about what he said to me earlier today.

When I arrived, everybody was sitting and drinking in complete silence, which was odd, because they usually had a small conversation going on.

"Hey guys! Nice to see you. Can I sit here?" I pointed to the seat between Jack R. and Isaac. They both nodded. "Well, I want to toast for today. I had a blast and anything that involves food, for me is a win. It is very important for me, to be with someone who likes some of the stuff I like and today you all proved to me that there is people like that. Maybe you don't like to cook or simply you don't know, but you were willing to put that aside for me, and for that I thank you. So let's have an amazing night, and let's continue to have fun. Cheers."

We all clinked our glasses.

"Alanna, would you like to talk?"Alexander asked.

"Of course. Lets go."

He led me to a room, far from where we were and sat down on the floor. Thank God I was wearing pants and not a dress.

"I feel like we don't have enough time. We barely see each other and when we do, it's in a group date, so I have to share you with a bunch of men. That I don't like."

"I know how you feel. But I have been saying this continuously, do not let that get over your head. Forget about that. Just focus on us and the time we do spend together."

"Yeah, I know. But it is hard."

"Yes. Extremely hard, but you just have to do it. Because if you don't, you will always think about that and you will lose focus on what really matters."

"Okay, this is too depressing, give me a hug." he held me in his arms while he gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"I want to tell you something about myself. I consider myself a very respectful guy, you know? I was raised with the belief that men have to protect and take care of their loved ones, so if we end up together, know that you will be taken care of. I will work until I can't no more, I will suffer if I have to just so you could be happy." he said with a smile.

"Well thank you. But don't you think that there must be a balance? I mean you can't suffer while I'm happy."

"If that's what happens, so be it."

"But, what I mean is that, shouldn't there be compromise?"

"I mean... I don't really care. Not that I don't care what you are saying, it's just that..."

He was cut mid sentence by Brent.

"Hey guys, sorry to interrupt, but Alanna, would you like to come with me?"

"Yeah." I stood up and gave Alexander a kiss on his cheek. "We'll talk later."

*Back at the mansion*
"Guys, date card." Theo said. Everyone gathered in the living room. " Liam. Love is a roller coaster. Love, Alanna."

"There you have it." Shawn said. "Congrats man."

"Thanks!"
______________

Brent intertwined his fingers with mine and took me to a hidden little place.

"You look very pretty."

"Yeah?"

"100% You always look pretty."

"Thank you. I always blush when someone tells me that."

"Well, I'm just telling the truth." I blushed harder. "How is your finger?"