Week 4. Coctail party

I arrived to the cocktail party pretty confused.
I feel like every time there is a cocktail party, there is an important issue that needs to be resolved and I was getting tired of that.

I approached the room and immediately the guys stood up. 

"Hey!" I told them as I sat down next to Cameron and Liam. The second handed me my drink. White wine like always. "Thanks." I sighed. "I really enjoyed today. It was great seeing my best friends and more great that you all got along. You know, they are some of the most important people in my life and right now, all of you are really important for me, so it was a big deal that you got to know each other. So, cheers for today and for having a wonderful night."

"Cheers."

"Hey, do you want to go and talk?" Cameron asked. 

"Absolutely, lets go."

We walked hand in hand until we reached a small couch. 

"Lets sit here. So, did you like your week here in New York?"

"I loved it. It was good coming back and knowing that I was near my kids."

"You live here in New York?"

"Yeah."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to enjoy my time with you."

"That's so cute. You are so cute."

"I'm not cute, I'm sexy AF."

"That you are." We just laughed and kissed.

"I really enjoy hanging out with you." He told me. 

"Hmm, me too. I feel save with you."

"I will always keep you safe. I promise."

"Thank you." I leaned up to kiss him. "So, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What's up?"

"It's about your kids."

"Okay? What about them?"

"Well, if we were to end up together, if we get married, would you like for me to legally adopt them? Will it be awkward? I don't know anything about having kids or being someone's mom. Don't get me wrong, I love kids and I would love to have kids one day, but they are your kids. You know them. Will it be okay with your ex? Won't she feel like I'm taking her role, maybe?"

"I get what you are saying. I get where you are coming from. I know you would never try to replace their mom. You see, Leah is married and her husband has never once tried to replace me as their dad. He knows he is the stepdad and he is okay with that. We all get along really well, so I don't see the problem of you coming into our lives. I know they will love you."

"I'm glad you understand. It's just that today, after I spoke to my friends I realized that we never talked about this and it was something that was bugging me. And if I'm being honest, I didn't know if you would be offended by my question."

"Never. And I appreciate you coming and talking to me about this. I know you never expected to be someone's stepmom, but I am telling you that whatever happens, we will deal with it together. As a team."

"I like that." I gave him a kiss.

When we separated, I rested my head on his shoulder for a couple of minutes, enjoying our moment together, wishing that I could stay there for ever.
It wasn't until someone came into the room that we separated. 

"Hey guys, mind if I interrupt?" Liam asked. 

"Not at all. See you later beautiful." Cameron said as he kissed my cheek.