Chapter 8: Mad Love

"Morning," Danielle flashed a broad smile upon seeing Haerin in school. Haerin looked at her, shocked that Danielle is still happy after what she said to her yesterday, but she noticed that Danielle's smile looked different, it doesn't look happy, it looked... somewhat sinister?

Danielle thought to herself: I'm going to make today your worst day, you're going to be begging me to forgive you by the end of the day she chuckled to herself in her mind, imagining Haerin, on her knees, begging for her to accept her apology.

During gym class, the teacher said, "Class, today we'll be running for the national fitness test."

After hearing this, the whole class groaned in annoyance.

Haerin was wearing a tight gym shirt with short pants, attracting not only the boys' attention, but Danielle's attention as well.

Haerin thought to herself: I know you still like me Danielle, give in, I know you want me.

Danielle seemed to fell for Haerin for a second, as she was caught staring and drooling, before regaining her mean persona.

The run started as the whole class was panting and grunting, clearly tired and out of breathe.

The teacher then announced, "Class, if you don't finish the run by 1 minute, you have to stay back for training, and you'll have a gym grade of below C."

Hearing this, Haerin started to speed up,  there was no way she was getting below a C, that would ruin her perfect record on her report card as a straight A student, Danielle noticed Haerin behind her as she waited for the perfect moment, before putting her leg out, causing Haerin to trip and fall.

"Oh no!" Danielle said, faking her innocence, "Are you okay, Haerin?" She smirked as she ran off, completing the run, leaving Haerin behind in pain and agony.

"1 minute is up!" The teacher announced, a group of students who did not make the timer sat down in annoyance as some of them sighed and remarked, "I'm never passing gym class anyways."

The class ended and they were instructed to go back to the classroom from the field to continue on their Math lesson. 30 minutes, passed. Haerin was nowhere to be found. 1 hour passed, still nothing.

Danielle was starting to get worried now, yes, she hated Haerin, but deep-down, she knew she still wanted Haerin to be safe, afterall, she was her best-friend for their whole childhood, before it all came crashing down when Haerin decided that she liked Kim Minji and her infactuation was more important than her best-friend's feelings.

Danielle started clicking her pen nervously, thinking of what Haerin had gone through. Is she still on the field, groaning in pain? She needed to check up on her.

"Miss, can I go to the toilet?" She lied.

"Quickly please," The teacher rolled her eyes before continuing on her lesson.

As Danielle rushed out of the door, she saw Kang Haerin right in front of her, leaning against the door. 

"Looking for someone princess?" She teased.

Danielle looked down at the numerous bandage as she felt her heart weakened, but she kept a strong front. She wasn't going to give in so quickly.

"I was... just going to the toilet! Why?" Danielle stuttered.

"I just thought you were looking for someone, coming out of the classroom so abruptly, some might misunderstood you for tripping someone then feeling guilty for ruining a perfect students' grade, and you lied to get out of class to check on them. Did you know how hard I worked for my "A"s, and you ruined it for me?" Haerin said with a confident yet furious smirk.

Danielle snarled, "It was an accident, and no, I don't even care if you got hurt, maybe next time you should fall on your pretty face so no one will like you anymore."

Did she just call Haerin pretty?

"Whatever princess," Haerin rolled her cat-like eyes and stuck her tongue out sarcastically before going into the classroom with a slip of paper, she didn't catch Danielle calling her pretty through all the harsh insults she was throwing at her.

Suddenly, a tall teacher approached Haerin, in a rather strict tone, and scolded, "I was noticing that you have been standing outside of your class for half an hour already, do you not want to go in?"

Danielle heard this and knew what was going on as she smirked and went close to Haerin's ear and whispered, "Waiting for someone are you?"

Haerin blushed as she felt the warm air coming out of Danielle's mouth, she could still smell the lavender aroma of her crush as she wanted to just pull her face towards her lips and smothered her with kisses, but with the current state of her relationship, that would just be random and rather weird.

Danielle then left and went to the toilet after sensing Haerin's cheeks getting pinker and hotter. She knew she still had that effect on her despite her having a boyfriend. She knew Haerin could not resist her, she just needed her to admit she's wrong.

When Danielle came back, she shot a daggering stare at Haerin before returning to her seat. Haerin saw this as an opportunity to get revenge as she stuck her leg out, making Danielle fall the same way Danielle made her fall in the field.

"Ouch!" Danielle screamed in pain. Some of the students saw this as they chuckled silently.

"Revenge," Haerin muttered under her breath, only loud enough for Danielle to hear.

"She tripped me Miss!" Danielle pointed at Haerin accusingly, who was giving the teacher the puppy-doll eyes.

"I didn't do nothing Miss." Haerin said innocently.

The teacher sighed as she asked the class, "Did anyone see Haerin trip Danielle?"

The whole class shook their head together. Obviously, some did, but they didn't want to get Haerin in trouble, afterall, Haerin was looking extra attractive today with her sweaty shirt and her messy hair after gym class.

"Sorry Danielle, nothing I can do here," The teacher shrug before going back to class.

"Ugh, I hate you Kang Haerin!" She shouted before going back to her seat.

Haerin blinked slowly, trying to process that her ex-best-friend (and her crush), just said that she hated her. Part of her heart broke hearing this as she felt the need to apologise, but she decided not to.

"I hate you too, Danielle Marsh!" She retorted.

Suddenly, Haerin's phone buzzed: Come meet me at the roof, after school.

Author's Note: I privated my "1998" story as I didn't know if I wanted to continue on it as I had plans but I realised that those weren't the type of story I wanted to write. I might consider re-uploading it, but for the time being, this will be the only story I'm working on, until I finish this story. Hope you guys will understand :)

Please vote for the story if you enjoyed it as it will really help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!