Chapter 10: Just A Feeling

As school ended, Danielle packed her things and was about to leave. But something didn't sit right with her, she didn't know what it was, but it was like her inner mind was convincing her not to leave, it was like the universe was speaking to her, it needed her to stay for something to happen.

Danielle shook off the feeling, maybe it was just her intrusive thoughts talking to herself.

As she stepped closer to the gate, suddenly Minji and Hanni rushed over, holding hands, "Danielle! Have you seen Haerin?"

Danielle shook her head.  "What happened?" She asked curiously, slightly worried.

"Haerin was suppose to meet us after school today, but it's been 30 minutes and she still haven't showed up!" Hanni exclaimed as she crossed her arm in a fit.

Minji patted her head like a mother comforting her angry child as she slowly stroked Hanni's silky hair before Hanni giving in and putting her head on her shoulder.

"Maybe she just forgot?" Danielle replied, but she knew that wasn't true. She had known Haerin for 14 years, Haerin just wasn't the type of girl to forget.

"Well, we need to continue looking for her, the guard said he didn't see her leave the school. Nice talking to you Danielle, we wish you would come back to our friendgroup." Minji said before yanking Hanni and running off.

Danielle rolled her eyes, she knew all of this wasn't Minji's fault, but seeing her with Hanni after Haerin used her feelings for nothing, it made her angry.  Minji inadvertently ruined what her and Haerin had, she wasn't about to forgive her for that yet.

Suddenly, a wave of nauseousness swap over Danielle. What if Haerin was in trouble?

Haerin couldn't be in trouble... could she? She was always a good girl, she would never get in trouble. But if Haerin got hurt... Danielle winced at the thought. If she got hurt... that would be my fault, I can't risk her getting hurt. 

She started to panick on the spot as she ran around school, trying to find the cat-eyed beauty.

She ran over to foyer, to the basketball court, and even back to the foyer again, but there was no sign of Haerin.

Just as she was about to give up, Danielle saw a hand reach out from the top of the roof, taking the broken broomstick.

She thought to herself: Why would anyone be on the roof? There's nothing to do there.

Danielle quickly ran up as she started hearing sobbing sounds, the same sobbing sounds she heard that day when she walked home with Haerin from the cafe.

"Haerin!" She shouted through the door.

The door was locked.

She stepped back, before banging the door with her body violently, causing it to crash open.

As she opened the door, she saw her ex-girlfriend and Haerin's girlfriend fled the scene as she immediately put two and two together and realise what was happening.

The rooftop wasn't very big, and when she looked around, she could spot Haerin instantly.

She was crying silently in the corner.

It was the same corner Danielle and Haerin used to hang out after school and enjoy the sunset before walking back home together. Danielle looked over to her as she can faintly see a shadow of herself beside the crying Danielle before it disappeared.

Danielle approached her slowly. She didn't want to see her like this, broken and crying. But she didn't know what to do. After these past days, did she hate her? Did she like her?

Danielle just stood there, unsure what to do next as she watched Haerin smashed her fist on the ground, causing her to wince in pain and Danielle's eyes widened in shock.

"Why?" She shouted on the roof to herself. "Why does everything have to be like this? Is this payback? Why can't Danielle just lov...?" Her words were interrupted by another person's behind her.

"Haerin! Don't hurt yourself!" She shouted before covering her mouth, Haerin didn't know she was there.

"Danielle?" Haerin looked back in a state of shock. "Were... were you watching me?"

Please vote for this chapter if you enjoyed it as it would really help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!