Chapter 14: Lost but Found Puppy

After admiring the meteor shower, both of them started packing up their things to return home.

"Thanks for everything today Danielle," Haerin said as she picked up and started folding the stools. "I had lots of fun."

"Me too, Kitty," Danielle smiled.

They held hands as they slowly descended back to town as they walked back home.

Suddenly, dark clouds started glooming around their surroundings and thunder crashed down from above.

"Ahhhh!" Danielle yelped and she jumped as her whole body shook in fear.

Haerin immediately pulled her to her arms, covering Danielle's ears and putting her head on her chest.

"You're safe with me princess," She comforted Danielle, patting her girlfriend's head like a lost puppy.

The imminent water from the sky started to rain down as Haerin, still covering Danielle's ears with one of her hands and her chest, reached for her back pocket as she took out a small umbrella.

"Here, use this," Haerin instructed as she opened the umbrella and gave it to Danielle.

Danielle looked at the mini umbrella, there was no way both of them was fitting under it. "But... won't you get wet?"

"It's okay, I know you don't like the rain," Haerin said as she smiled.

"Thanks Kitty," Danielle said as she embarrassly walked with the umbrella, she felt extremely bad that she took the only umbrella from Haerin and was using it selfishly, so she kept on looking and glancing at Haerin every 2 seconds, who was smiling and ensuring to her that she wasn't going to get a cold.

As they continue to walk down the street, it was very dark, and the streets were quiet.

When they approached an alleyway, a masked man, in black jumpsuit and black pants approached them. He looked at least 40, with an unshaved moustache that looked very dirty. He held a rusty knife in his hand as he threatened, "Helpless girls... My favourite, empty everything you have right now, or you're going to get it from me!" He said as he imitate a stabbing action, explaining what he was going to do to them if they don't comply with his request.

Danielle shutted her eyes as she started crying silently, "I'm going to die here!" She muttered.

Just then, Haerin jumped in front and block Danielle with her body.

"What are you going to do little girl?" The robber smugged as she looked at Haerin, who was way smaller compared to him.

He reached for Haerin's chin, attempting to stroke it as he inched his knife closer to her.

"Everything you have, now, or you..." Before he could finish his sentence, Haerin bite his hand which was reaching for her as she grabbed the crying Danielle's hand and yank her forward, before running off.

Danielle looked back as she heard the robber curse out in pain, before footsteps starting to appear louder and louder behind her.

"I'm coming to get you girls!" The robber said in a creepy and scary tone. "You can run but you can't hide!"

Looking at Haerin, who was in front of her, still running, holding her hand, she can feel her heart beating twice if not thrice as fast. Was it the adreline of escaping the robber that was making her so nervous? Or was it because of Haerin?

Regardless, both of the girls started sprinting even faster.

Just as the robber was about to catch up, a dog suddenly jumped up and started barking at him. He looked at the dog in fear, before he went away.