Chapter 14

3rd person's pov

As the dragon beat down on the barrier that had been conjured by Yoongi, the boys were crowded around in one area trying to come up with a plan. A dragon this size was going to require the powers of all seven of them, especially if they wanted to take it down for good. There was the suggestion thrown around to evacuate the town square and get people to safety but this was exactly what Riley feared and as soon as it was mentioned, she panicked. She did not want the events of her nightmare to play out more than they already had, she couldn't believe that this dragon was even real to begin with. The fear in her eyes spoke volumes and Jimin could slowly feel her fear creeping up on him. "No!" Riley shouted, startling her soulmates. "Riley," Namjoon started, "I said no! There's no telling why that dragon is here! If you all split up then that dragon might come just after whoever it can, we need to stick together." She said, "Riley, we have to get people to safety." Namjoon said, "I know, Namjoon!" She fussed, he was bit taken back by the sharpness in her voice. They all were but Jimin could see the absolute fear in her eyes, he could feel it from her. They all could feel her fear at the idea of being separated from them, "If we evacuate those people, then we have to do it together. There is no way, I'm not letting you all just run off. I'm not going to risk the possibility of any of you dying on me. Do you hear me?" She lectured, "I hear you." Jimin spoke up first, he grabbed Riley's hand and looked at her in the eyes. "I hear you, Riley. I'm not going anywhere." He reassured, Jin looked at Riley as he could feel her uneasiness. "I hear you too, Riley." Jin placed a hand on her shoulder, he gave her a comforting smile and then looked to the rest of his soulmates. "Well, you heard her. We're going to stick together which is the best way we can all stay safe. Now, where are we going to evacuate these people to? We don't have a lot of time." Jin looked back at the dragon, noting that the barrier was slightly weakening from the dragon's constant attacks. "The main library branch." Hoseok suggested, "It's further downtown and it's far enough from here that they can't be harmed by the dragon." He explained, "That's perfect, hyung. Doesn't the library have a safe room that we can for everyone into?" Jungkook asked, Namjoon thought about it for a moment and then nodded. "Yes, they do."

"Good. We'll evacuate everyone there but we're gonna need to be quick and fast about this. That barrier is not going to last forever against that dragon." Yoongi crossed his arms. Everyone flinched when they heard the dragon's loud roar, the sound causing the ground in the entire vicinity to shake. They immediately jumped into action, heading towards houses and buildings. Jin stood at the center of the town square, holding a megaphone that Jungkook had conjured for him. He needed a way to effectively get the attention of everyone who was hiding in the buildings nearby. Jin found himself standing on top of the bench that was connected to a small water fountain, "Everyone!!" People turned to their attention to Jin, "We need you to head to the Main Library downtown. Yoongi has extended the barrier through the town so you all will be safe from the dragon. Please, don't panic." Everyone listened to Jin, the large group of people heading away from the town square. The dragon was beginning to get even more agitated as he was not able to get to the people under the barrier, so he did something unexpected next.

Riley looked up, gasping as the dragon rammed himself into the barrier. The impact causing a large shockwave under the barrier and outside of it, this caused panic among the people. The ground shook as the dragon once again rammed itself into the barrier, it was almost as if the dragon knew exactly how to break down the barrier. Riley had stuck close to Jimin, helping direct people to the direction of the library. After they started evacuating people out of buildings, Jimin had stuck by Riley's side to ease her mind about the possibility of being separated from him. The two of them were standing in the middle of the large crowd, making sure everyone stayed safe. As soon as the dragon's talon pierced the barrier, everyone began to panic as this caused the barrier to short out. People immediately started running as the dragon once again rammed into the barrier, causing more cracks to form.

"Shit!" Namjoon cursed, looking up at the damage the dragon caused. Hoseok moved closer to Taehyung and Jungkook, not wanting them to get swept up into the crowd of people currently running and pushing each other.

"Yoongi, do something about that barrier!" Jin shouted, he jumped down from his spot as Yoongi held up a hand towards the barrier and started chanting words. The barrier pushed back against the large dragon, electrocuting it. The dragon screeched in pain but nonetheless didn't give up, "Fuck." Yoongi cursed, this dragon was a powerful one indeed. Yoongi put more power into the barrier but with the constant barrage of attacks coming from the dragon, he was having trouble trying to keep it from collapsing altogether. With everyone sent into panic, the eight tried their best to calm everyone down so nobody got hurt but of course, that didn't work. People began pushing one another as the barrier completely collapsed, the dragon letting out a loud screech. Riley immediately covered her ears, fear spiking in her mind as she watched the barrier collapse. "Riley," Jimin turned to grab her but was pushed back by some people, the same thing happened to Riley as well. "Jimin!!" She called, trying to get through the people that were pushing and running. Riley was once again pushed and this time, she stumbled and lost her footing causing her to fall.

"Riley!!" Taehyung heard Jimin calling for Riley, his eyes scanning the area for her. "Hyung," Hoseok looked over at Taehyung, who was busy looking at the crowd of people. "Tae, what is it?" He asked, "Riley is gone. She was with Jimin, look." Hoseok scanned the area, noting that Jimin was struggling to even keep himself up right with how many people were pushing him around. "Riley!!" Riley could hardly hear her name being called as she tried to get back to her feet but there was too much chaos and noise going on around her. She was pushed further and further down the street, causing her to panic when she finally could stand up. She looked around, hoping to find the boys or at least one of them but she couldn't see anybody. There were just too many people pushing, shoving, screaming, crying and running. The dragon roared, letting out a large ball of fire-like electrical charge towards the people. Seeing this, Yoongi immediately conjured up a force field hoping it would hold.

"Riley!!" Jimin called again, he started to fear losing her. Before he could get swept away in the large sea of people, Hoseok muttered a spell and Jimin suddenly appeared right next to Jungkook. "Hyung," Jungkook started, slightly startled. "Do you see her?" He turned to Hoseok, Jungkook and Taehyung. "No, I haven't been able to see her. There's just too many people."

"Shit."

"The barrier collapsed!" Jungkook pointed out, they watched as Yoongi conjured up another one. But was having trouble keeping it from collapsing again under the dragon's attacks, "Tae, Kook, Jimin. Go find Riley. I'll go tell the others and help Yoongi with the barrier." The three nodded and together headed off to find Riley, Hoseok immediately began to make his way through the sea of people and spotted Namjoon standing at the foot of the bench that Jin was still standing on. "Namjoon! Hyung!" Jin and Namjoon looked over to their left, spotting Hoseok coming over to them. "Hyung, what's the matter?" Namjoon could immediately sense that something was really wrong, "Jimin got separated from Riley, we can't find her in this large sea of people. I sent Jimin, Taehyung and Kook to look for her." He said, "No." Jin whispered. "Fuck!" Yoongi exclaimed, he had heard Hoseok telling them everything. The barrier tried to short out, "Guys, a little help here!" Namjoon immediately jumped into action, conjuring up a second barrier to protect the first one.

Riley heard crying nearby and turned her head to see a lost little boy, who had been separated from his mother. "Oh no," She rushed over to the boy as a building nearby was hit with the dragon's tail, it started collapsing and people got even more panicked. Riley scooped up the boy in her arms, quickly diving out of the way as a large piece of debris fell down. The debris hit the ground, right where the boy used to stand as Riley hit the floor, using herself as a cushion to protect the little boy from the fall.

"Oh god," She panted, the boy held onto Riley tightly as she sat up.