00

Narrative+Instagram

Narrative+Instagram

Maddy

I play basketball since my 7th grade I started playing in a local team of my city, in Portugal, and one year later my parents decided that we were going to move to Minnesota in the USA. So I join High School where I became the star of the team and later one of the best point guard and player in the country. Behind Paige Bueckers. Since the start of my first season we instant became enemies and that happens ever since. And last year I join the NC State College and ironically, UCONN's rival team that is Paige's college. Some times I think that me and her are made to be enemies.

Lets talk about something else than Paige Bueckers.

My family is droping me off at campus now that the holidays ended, my school and season are starting.

—Almost there!— my 10y brother says happy.

—You can't wait to I leave— my dad laughs —I think that you never smiled so much in your live.

—Shut up— Damian says laughing.

—We arrived!— my stepmom, Adrianna, says leaving the car, I follow her and go to the back of the car and take all my bags. I said goodbye to my family and went to the dorm and when I enter theres Zoe, my best friend, moving her things around.

—Zoe!— I drop my bags in the floor and go to her and hug her —I tought that you only arrived tomorrow.

—Change of plans— she breaks the hug —I heard that we are going to have practice at 7 a.m.

—No way— I say rolling my eyes —Coach Moore is trying to kill us!

—You are so dramatic— I send her my middle finger while laying down in our couch.

—Where are the rest of the girls?— I ask looking for the other 4 girls of our dorm.

—They went to Starbucks, but I decided to wait for you— she grabs the TV controler and puts a random channel, I can't help but roll my eyes as soon as I see them talking about Paige —You just can't hold your self?

—It's just Paige there, Paige here, they are so obsessed with her— I roll my eyes again whend I saw my name in second behind her —In the next game againts UCONN I'm going to show who is the number one.

—Why you just can't be less agressive to her, like how you do with others— Zoe ask while looking at me.

—Since I arrived here everyone compared us and that led to a rivalry, a big one. And she is also agressive to me so— I change channel putting a random Nba game.

—You know that our first game is against her— She says calm and I look at her suprised.

—Where you know all that?!— I ask confused and she laughs.