13

Narrative + Instagram

Paige

Today is finally our game against Louisville, we are getting ready to go in the arena. Maddy is here she is really excited to see Hailey, I didn't saw her smiling like this for a long time, we been texting more but she is still a bit mad at me.

—Good game Paige— Mads comes to me with a big smile —I love Ley but I want you to win.

—Thanks, you are excited to see Hailey?— I ask looking at her eyes, that are finally the happy green that she used to have.

—Obviously I miss her so much— the blonde looks around.

—Paige! We need to go— coach Geno calls me, I give a smile to Maddy and went with my team to the looker room.

After a motivational speech of Geno, we went to the court here Louisville already started warming up. Mads is looking at Hailey with the biggest smile ever. I can't deny that I wish that smile was for me.

The game started and we were playing very well but they always tied the game, Hailey is unstoppable she is scoring buckets after buckets giving the lead for her team. In the fourth period we were losing by 8 wend our coach called timeout, I see Maddy sitting next to me.

—Listen— she whispers to me —Hailey is getting tiered, just run a bit more and she will stop being a problem.

I nodded before going back to the court, I do exactly what Maddison told me and worked after two minutes Hailey went to the bench and we got the lead making us win by 6. At the moment the ref ended the game I hugged Mads that instantly hugged me back.

—Thanks Mads— I say breaking the hug —You are a live saver.

—Yeah I know, but don't tell Ley she will kill me— she laughs looking at me —You were amazing.

—I know— I say mocking her and Maddison slaps my arm —That hurt!

—You are going to cry?— she says laughing at me while I pass my hand in my right arm.

—You're so stupid— I say going to greet the other team. After that Hailey goes running to Mads and hugging her.

—I missed you so much— I hear Hailey —You are better of your leg?

—Could be better— Maddison looks down —Let's talk about how good you played today! You literally dropped 26!

—I had my luck charm— she says putting her arm around Maddison shoulders. Again, I can't deny that I'm a bit jealous right now. I see my team going to the locker room and I go behind them. We took shower and almost everyone was ready, I was the last to leave, while going outside someone grabs my arm.