12

Narrative

Narrative

Maddy

After dealing with all that drama in Nc, I came back to UConn, I have talked to the coaches and everyone I needed to talk and explain why I left for 4 days without notice, now is 13 of October, one week to Paige's birthday. I'm doing my best to not talk with her or even looking at her, I actually don't see her since I came back, thank God. I finally stopped wearing crutches, I'm still getting used to walk without them but is going well.

—I'm going to the court, wanna come?— I say getting up from my bed where Rafe is laying down.

—No, I'm dead from my practice yesterday— he rolls in the bed —But you want a ride?

—No need, now I can walk alone— I say with a proud smile —I'm going to shot some threes.

—No. You are in chair work, so you are going to workout in the chair— Rafe literally looks like my dad talking.

—Yes dad— I roll my eyes going outside. I arrive to the court, empty, and I start doing my regular chair workout, boring as fuck. After a long time I got bored and went to the three point line and started shooting. I score most of them but less than I usually score, when I'm healthy.

Paige

So the last few days where horrible, Maddy is clearly still mad at me and Rafe looks at me like is going to kill me, this look from a 6'5 man is really scary, but knowing that Maddison is mad at me is even worse.

Today I decided to workout before our important game against Louisville, Hailey's team, that game is going to be hard so I want to be extra prepared. I arrive alone to the court and from outside I can hear a very strong dribble.

—Someone is mad today— I say to myself entering the court being surprised by the person shooting, Mads, great! I stay there looking at her shooting, not making a single bucket, not usual of Maddison.

—What do you want Paige?— she says without looking at me and shooting, missing again.

—You shouldn't be shooting, you are in chair duty— I say getting closer to her, she does a little sarcastic laugh.

—Like you cared— she stops dribbling and look at me for the first time, her eyes that are usually a happy and livid green are basically grey and red showing that she had cried.

—I do— I take a step forward still looking in her eyes.

—Didn't look when you kissed that girl— I get confused and open my mouth to talk but she speaks first —Don't try to tell me I'm wrong, I know exactly what I saw in that party— I finally remember what she is talking about, the girl that I kissed when I was drunk. I don't respond just look down to my shoes —Your hands in her waist, just like you did to me in the day before. But you kissed her— her eyes were already full of tears —To me you just gave me a hand shake.

—Mads...— she denies with her head, I try to get closer but she gives two steps behind.

—Don't call me that— she looks away while a tear falls in her face —My mind just can't stop thinking about that day... You know, you kissed her during my favorite song, it was my favorite song but now I can't listening to it without crying— the blonde forces a smile doing everything to not look me in the eyes.

—I was drunk, I didn't think— she laughs without believing in my words.

—I really don't care if you were drunk or not, you weren't drunk when we almost kissed and when you denied with your head after that— her face is now full of tears that she doesn't even try to hold anymore —Or when you call me from my best friend phone and tried to tell me what to do.

—I was worried about you!— my eyes holding tears —I care about you more than I care for anyone else! And when Dave said to me that you didn't show up for two days I panicked, I didn't know what to do!

—You didn't had to do nothing!— she matches my tone —I can deal with my own live! I don't need you to help me taking care of my problems!

—I know but...— Maddison cuts me off taking a step forward.

—That bitch took my number, my spot, my family and she talked shit about me, you wanted me to stay were and do nothing?— she says crying —The number nine was the only thing that connects me with my fucking dead sister! And Sabrina took it!— my jaw dropped, she never told me about her family so I never expect this. Maddison starts pushing me, I know she needs this so I let her, after she stopped I go to her and hugged her, letting her to cry in my shoulder —You broke my heart, why? Just why?— Mads speaks muffled by my shoulder.

—Don't cry for me— I pass my hands in her head —I don't deserve it... You want me to take you to your apartment?— she nodded with her head still crying in my shirt.

After a few minutes she calm down and we went to her dorm, I take Maddy to her door.

—I'm sorry Mads— I hug her —I hope you can forgive me.

—I just need some time— she says going inside —Thank you, Paige.

—I'm always here for you— I say going away. I enter my car and started crying —You are so fucking stupid! You just ruin everything!— I scream to myself and starting to drive.

 I enter my car and started crying —You are so fucking stupid! You just ruin everything!— I scream to myself and starting to drive