02

Narrative+Instagram

Narrative+Instagram

Maddy

This three weeks passed so fast, when I realize we where at the airport ready to go and play our first game!

  Maddystorm posted a storie

Finally the plane arrived around 11p

Finally the plane arrived around 11p.m and everyone here asleep. In the plane it was the same but I stayed awaked and I decided to watch some plays of UConn. Especially Paige. But not in a weird way! Right? I just want to be prepared to what I'm facing, that's all!

After almost 2 hours we arrived to Connecticut, everyone was basically sleeping. We take a privated bus and arrived at the hotel around 1a.m. As soon as I got to my hotel room I lay down in my bed and start sleeping. I'm so thankful that the game is just tomorrow if it was today I would start sleeping at the middle of the game.

—It's time to wake up!!— our assistant coach, Nikki, knocks in my door and I roll in my bed but I fell from the bed.

—Fuck— Nikki enters my room and starts laughing —Is not that funny.

—Yes it is— Zoe says laughing in the door, I get up and flip her off as soon Nikki went away.

—I'm going to take a shower— I grab my stuff and go to the bathroom. I take my time in the shower, after I put a grey sweatpants with our college shirt and a jacket of my Portugal National Team.

—I still can't believe that you prefer playing for Portugal than USA— Aziaha says while eating breakfast —Like your parents are American so you can play.

—Yeah but I was born in Portugal so I like to represent my country— I say seating next to her —And like, without me they are nothing so...

—Your ego never ends— Zoe roll her eyes.

—At least I have reasons to have ego and tomorrow I will have even more— I say with a big smile and everyone laughs.

The rest of the day as so cool, we visited some places around the city and we also found some fans that were where to see the game. When we arrived we eat dinner in the hotel.

It's 7:30a.m and I'm getting ready to the game that starts at 9a.m. I was a bit worried about the game because is the first of the season and now that I talked, I need to show that I'm right.

—Zoe!!— I scream calling for my friend that arrives to my room —Kds or Melos— I show my Kds and my Melos.

—Kds obviously— she says ironically —Don't forget the knee brace— I look at her and go as fast as possible to my trip bag and grabbed my brace.

—You are a live saver— Zoe smiles watching me putting all my stuff in my bag —I'm ready.

Our team were in the bus listening to the coaches that are talking about the game and things like that.

We arrived at the stadium, there as a bounch of people taking pictures and entering the arena. Our team automatically goes to the locker room.

—The starting lineup, River at 5 is guarding number 24, Mimi at the 4 guarding number 3, Maddie at 3 guarding number 25, Aziaha at the 2 and guarding number 35, and finally Maddison is at the 1 guarding number 5— Coach Moore reads from his little white board —Lets go!— we all join our hands at the center of the locker room.

—1, 2, 3— I say looking at my teammates —NC WOLFS.

We all go to the court, I'm the capitan so I go first behind me the rest of the team. We start warming up. I look at the other team and I see two blue eyes focusing in me but when she saw that I was looking, Paige tried to look at something else.

The buzzer makes sound and everyone got ready and we at the center of the court I go to everyone to wish a good game. I go next to my rival.

—Good game, Bueckers— she does a little smile.

—Good game, Silverstorn.