04

Narrative+Instagram

Narrative+Instagram

Maddy

This last three weeks, I felt that everything is falling apart. My dorm is full of boring nerds that are always doing homework or boring ass shit. I only go out of my room to grab food. I don't have my stuff, my coach is bringing next week my clothes and other things, but for now I have to use UConn clothes that their coach gave me.
The last days the only thing that I do is using my laptop or talk with Zoe but she is always busy with college or practice. But the worse part is that I can't play basketball, I can't do the only thing that keeps a smile in my face everyday.

I was looking for something to watch in YouTube when I found my game against UConn, I faced for a long time the video and start watching the game.
Everything was going normal until the first time I felt appears, I rewinded that part several times, trying to understand how I could do to not injurie my self, after a long time I go and watch the rest of the game. It look like it was in slow motion that I shot and fell in the ground crying.

She is on the ground! It looks like is again her right knee— he says while the camera zooms to me —She can't walk, Paige Bueckers and Zoe Brooks are helping her. In the first game of the season North Carolina loses their best player...

Paige

—Hi I'm Paige— a girl opens the door.

—Everyone knows who you are— she rolls her eyes —Do you want to see the depressed girl?

—What do you mean by depressed?— I ask confused.

—That girl is always in her room seeing basketball games and only gets out to grab food— the girl says bored.

—She is having a rough time, you could be a bit nicer— she rolls her eyes again. I not liking very much of this girl.

—Whatever, her room is the last in the left—she points and I go to the room.

I'm in front of the door thinking if I should knock or just enter. I decided just enter and see her crying while watching our last game. When Maddison sees me, she wipes her tears quickly.

—What do you want?— she stops the game.

—Are you okay?— I ask worry.

—You ask like you cared— she rolls her eyes while looking at her window.

—I actually care, and I care if you are fine— she laughs.