21

Narrative+Instagram

Narrative+Instagram

Maddy

Finally! March madness is arriving, the favorite time of the year for any basketball player. To be honest I don't think that I'm capable of playing but I really need to prove something.

Me and Paige visit each other always that we can, she is always texting me or calling me telling about practice and the girls. My life is really a mess because my team still doesn't like me but talking with my girlfriend makes everything disappear.

Me and the team are in the locker room getting ready for our first game of the sweet sixteen,we got ranked 7 so we are playing Princeton the number ten ranked. It's my first game coming off my injury, I have a felling that something bad will happen but I need to get focused in the game. Paige told me that she and the rest of the team will come and watch our game.

We go to the court, I look around the arena trying to find Paige, I finally found her blue eyes, in the first row sitting next to Nika and Azzi they are talking but when Paige noticed we entered the court she automatically looks at me with a big smile. I wink at her before starting to warm up.

We started the game, at the tip off I grab the ball and run to the three point line trying to found someone to pass the ball. But I lost control the ball almost getting a turnover but I passed the ball to a teammate.

Paige

The game started and it's going well Nc winning for five in the end of the first period, Mads is playing very well for a player that just come out of a injury already dropped fifteen points. I'm really happy to see that she is okay and doing well. But clearly her team doesn't want to play with her, they try to not pass her the ball and don't help Maddy in defense.

The next two periods were basically the same, the game is getting closer Princeton winning by two. The fourth quarter started and Maddy started, she only stayed in the bench for two minutes. I'm really scared because they are pushing her to much.

Mads brings the ball with five minutes in the clock, she drives to the basket getting fouled but she stayed to much time in the ground, grabbing to her knee but her coach started yelling at Maddy making her getting up, clearly hurt. I started bitting my lip with the nerves just seeing Maddison struggling so much. Two minutes to the end the game, Nc winning by one. Mads bringing the ball again, one of the Princeton players hit her knee but no foul called, she quickly passes the ball and falls on the ground grabbing her knee. I quickly get up trying to see if she is okay. But she isn't, her pt helps her getting up while she cry's trying to walk. Coach Moore yelling at her because she got injured. I never talked to this man but I hate him with all my heart.

I get up and almost running I go to hallway trying to find Maddy. I see her entering some room with her pt, I go fast as I can knocking at the door. I open the door just to find Maddison crying in the bed while the pt is grabbing ice.

—Can you stay with her? I will come when the game is over— he ask me going outside, I agree with him. Mads still not noticing me just looking to the ceiling crying, I sat next to her in the bed, she looks at me before breaking in tears in my shoulder. I pass my hand in her blonde hair while she grabs me closer to her.

—Honey don't cry— I hugged her kissing her head. She stopped crying but still hugging me.

The pt comes back with a sad smile, they had lost by one, so they are eliminated from the tournament.

—What the hell Maddison!— their coach burst in yelling at Maddy —I've told you if you didn't played you are out.

—What?— Maddy eyes full of tears looking at the man, I'm sitting in a chair in the corner the room just looking at him —I played almost the full game!

—But that wasn't enough!— he yells at my girl —You let the team all down!

—I couldn't just not get injured!— she matches his tone —I wasn't supposed to play for a year and five months later I'm here, and you have the nerves to told me that I let you down? You literally dropped me off at UConn and only called me when you wanted me back! At least they helped me!

—If you like so much of UConn why you don't go there?— Maddy jaw dropped just like mine. He goes away, I quickly get up and follow him.

—Coach Moore?— I got his attention and he turns to me rolling his eyes —What you did is terrible— I cross my arms he tries to say something but I speak first —Maddy loved this place, and you treat her like this? She is literally the best player in the country and you just forced her to play and now you want her to transfer? That's mess up. Maybe you could learn to be a good coach before trying to be one.

—Don't talk to me like that— he basically screams at me making me scoff.

—After what you did to my girl I shouldn't even talk with you— I go back to the room and hugged Mads letting her cry in my shoulder again —He doesn't deserve you.

@silvermads9

Liked by: paigebueckers, azzi35 and 91 492 others silvermads9: this is my official goodbye to Nc state, my first two years in the team were great, I can't really say the same about this year

silvermads9: this is my official goodbye to Nc state, my first two years in the team were great, I can't really say the same about this year. I'm really thankful for my teammates and everyone that helped me in this team. Number nine is out🤍❤️
I already know here I'm going in the next season , and I will show that the new Maddison is ready to win. New year, new number and new me.

paigebueckers: where are you going babe?!?!
silvermads9 «we will talk about it»

haileyvanlith: proud of you <33
silvermads9 «lsu girly <33»

haileyvanlith: proud of you <33silvermads9 «lsu girly <33»