Chapter 16

Jason

"Alpha! Alpha! Someone just linked help to me," Caleb shouts, bursting through my office door.

"Elaborate," I commanded firmly.

"S-someone just linked, in my head, and said 'help'." He heaved.

"Are you sure it wasn't your wolf?" I asked dismissively, waving my hand and turning back to my bookshelf.

"No, he was the one that alerted me. They're not from the pack." He answered, puzzled.

"What do you mean he? You're only able to link to people in the pack or relatives. You've said you don't have any relatives." I responded, just as confused. "I know you're not mated."

"Could a witch do that... link to only my wolf?" He asked.

"Not unless they've intentionally put a spell on you to cause auditory hallucinations, but have the power to link to your wolf no. Get the trackers sent out and find where it came from." I commanded. 

I placed the book back on the shelf and made my way out of the office following Beta Caleb. Coming to a stop at the communal area. Landing my eyes onto Blue, I make my way across.

"Hey Blue, I have a few questions regarding Beta Caleb." I stated, getting her attention drawn away from the fireplace.

"Okay? Do you want to go somewhere private or...?" She questioned.

"Here's fine," I say as I sit across from her. "Do you know of any relatives that Caleb has?"

"Not necessarily, I mean, I could check." She said, gesturing her hands to her pendant, referring to her witch.

"Do that as soon as possible, then get back to me." I commanded as I stood up, making my way out of the room.

"Hey Alpha, could I ask what this is for? should I be concerned?" She quickly asks, walking to me.

"Someone linked directly to his wolf a few minutes ago. He has no recollection of having a relative, and we don't think it's a witch." I elaborate, turning away heading back to my office.

A while later, there's commotion heard coming from the North border. Getting up, I hurriedly make my way outside. 

"Alpha, it's Skye!" Caleb bellows, running with the tracker wolf who has her on his back.

She's laying lifeless, arms hanging from her body. She looks pale and deathly thin. How didn't I notice this when I was at her house? She appeared completely normal.

"Get her to the pack hospital! He's already waiting. Move!" I demanded, worried I quickly link to the doctor to get ready.

The four of us arrive in the small hospital room. The tracker carefully places her on the bed. The pack doctor quickly makes his way towards her. 

"Everyone out," the pack doctor demands. "You too, Alpha," he looks over to me cautiously.

I hesitantly oblige leaving the room. I grab Caleb and drag him across the corridor to the open room full of couches, random books, and toys, the pups waiting room.

"What was she doing there? I thought you said you'd meet her after we finished school, Why was my mate calling for help? and lastly How the fuck did she link to your wolf!?" I interrogated, slowly losing control. 

He opens his mouth then closes it, like a fish out of water. His hands raised, palms up in defence.

"I need answers and now. She's my mate and you left her in danger," I proceeded.

"Alpha," Blue interrupts knocking on the door. I turn my head staring into her eyes, waiting for a response.

"Gran is here." she continued, before walking away.