Chapter 18

Olivia

It's been four months now, and I'm never going back. It was a simpler time before I met him, Jason. I would still be in school walking in the shadows. No socialising, no friends, staying hidden. 

How the tables have turned.

I could hear them talking when I was 'asleep' Gran only made it so I settled down. It's like I knew she wanted me to listen secretly.

Jason's hands, carried across my face gently. They always looked rough but felt so soft, it sent tingles through my skin where ever he touched, I honestly didn't want him to stop, but no. I can't get close to anyone. They'll just end up like my old pack did.

Shortly after everyone left the room, I waited. No one could be heard except thumping from upstairs. Making sure no one noticed me, I snuck up to what I'm assuming is the Alphas office.

So, of course, I waited silently outside the door, regretfully finding out that Caleb, or should I say Arthur is my brother, and the Alpha claiming that I'm his mate. 

I know he's said it before but hearing him actually be protective over it was a whole different story, that's really when the turning point hit with myself having to leave. I once again just can't risk it, I won't allow it.

I left not too long after that, doing what I was trained to do by my mother. Removing all traces of myself and running, How? easy thing called a little magic. Well, like the potion but easier, thankfully I was in their hospital.

 I searched the cupboards and found a few liquid medications. Then trusting my gut I followed to the communal area sneaking past a few pack members outside, following towards that gut instinct, after quickly making head way I came along a small waterfall and inside an opening behind it was my satchel.

I grabbed the ingredients from that and concocted the mix, hiding my scent once again suppressing my wolf, and made for a run for it home.

It was dark inside, but I didn't bother turning any lights on, in case I had a tail, stripped my room shoving whatever ever simple items I could carry, including my mothers memoir. I then ran, letting my legs take me as fast as they could through the forest out the back of my house.

Coming to the clear opening where the deer typically is, I pulled the book out. Placing the pendant around my neck and opening the book to a random page, closing my eyes, I traced my fingers along the pages, stopping midway down when warmth encased my fingers. 

I opened my eyes, and the page had a slight glow. The witch italics were visible. Gasping, I traced the writing in shock. Typically, these pages are completely empty, but no, not today. 

I paused, looking at all the lettering. None of it made sense, but once again, I trusted the pull and closed my eyes, tracing the witch italics. It's as if it all came to light, I could see the writing in my head yet, this time I could read it.

I repeated the words softly, casting a spell that would remove any trace of me. Removing any fibres, footprints, or major leads that could trace back to me, including a stronger protection other than the suppressant. Preventing anyone from using magic to follow any timelines from getting to my house, up to me running onto the forest I was in.

And now I'm here, where you may ask? Well, I spent the first few weeks travelling on the bus to bus, taxi to taxi to eventually flying to Germany. I have a small job at the local library, and I live in a small cottage on the border of a forest, in case I need to run again.

I stopped taking the wolf suppressant about a month ago after I fully settled here, Fraya is able to talk to me now. It petrified me at first, I thought I was going insane. Thankfully not, it comes in short waves, some days are better than others.