Chapter 20

Jason

"Alpha?"  

"Alpha!?" 

I groggily roll over, the sounds of birds flying over head. I slowly sit up, shaking my head. 

The smell of wet grass and fresh soil surrounding me. I open my eyes and take in the surroundings.

The forest, Olivia. Where is she?

"Alpha? It's Caleb. We're trying to locate you." He linked. 

I lurch forward onto my knees, wrenching whatever contents I had in my stomach onto the ground, Using my right hand, I quickly wipe my mouth and stumble onto my feet.

What did she do to me? How's she get away... I had her! I hear Kylo whine regretfully.

"You didn't let her just walk away, did you?"  I link to Kylo. He just huffs in disagreement.

"Alph-" 

"I'm in the forest she got away," I interrupt, linking to the pack.

I stand up, brushing myself off and storm back in the direction to where I shifted, just as quick as I put my clothes on Caleb pulls up in the black SUV.

"Get as many trackers out there as you can. I want the whole perimeter searched. Send a few to her old place of work and interrogate anyone she's been involved with." I commanded, turning my attention to Caleb, who just nodded in agreement, linking to the Blood Crescent Pack.

Adverting my gaze, I open my phone, retracing my previous steps, trying to figure out any routes Olivia, my difficult Mate, could have taken. 

"Alpha, what happened?" Caleb interrupted, I ignored him, still focusing on the borders of the forest. 

"Alpha, Jason?" He poached again. I heave out a sigh and continue to note the surrounding cities.

"Alp-" 

"If I chose to ignore you the first time take it as a fucking hint that I'm busy looking for her, as you should be too, Beta." I respond in a condescending manner as I spoke his name.

My patience waring thinner by the second. I had her right in front of me, after months! She was right there at the café and right there at the book store and then again at that stupid fucking forest. She bloody touched Kylo!

I had her, her beautiful self was standing right in front of me and spoke her angelic voice I haven't heard since forever, my Mate, My Angel.

The drive back to the safe house not far from the town was quiet, Caleb spent most of the drive linking to the Pack sending out orders.

I continued noting possible routes she took, whilst Kylo kept interrupting trying to repeat exactly what happened in the forest, with neither of us coming to a conclusion.

"Beta Caleb, Blue my office," I commanded as I walked into the building, the both of them follow head low in suite. 

We walked into my office, I took a seat behind the oak wood desk and pulled out a large paper map, marking her work, her colleagues houses and and routes she took too and from work.

Grabbing a thick marker I outline the forest, tracing lines in directions to other towns and escape routes, followed by circling her house in red. If we want any definite answers we need to strip that place.

"Blue you will head here," I pointed to the book store, "She worked in the basement find anything you can that belongs to her and bring them back... you will go after hours to not raise any suspicion."  I continued.