Chapter 21

Jason

After the discussion of a possible mole in the pack, Beta Caleb and I set off back home.

Blue, with a few trackers and warriors, has stayed in Germany, retracing steps following possible leads and taking in a few runts from the Shadow Pack for interrogation.

I've spent the last two days going through everything we've found, but we still come up with nothing, Caleb and I are yet to interrogate Mitchel, but we are stuck talking to Gran.

"Kylo... The big bad pup got put to sleep by a lady," Gran mocked, grinning down at her cup of tea.

"Hold up, so you're saying Kylo let his guard down!?" Caleb mused, sitting on the floor across from Gran.

I look at them both from the doorway, rolling my eyes at their mockery. Taking no part in the conversation.

Most of the pack avoids me. Only Caleb and Gran confide with me, including the joking they clearly don't take precautions seriously, even in an emergency.

"No honey, she used that book you failed to hide," She shot back, Caleb kissed his teeth, muttering under his breath.

"So, she has access to her powers? What about Fraya?" I asked, taking a seat on the sofa across from her, eager for an answer.

"I couldn't tell you, although reading that book doesn't give her everything. She has a lot of healing to do, and that suppressant she drinks isn't going to help by any means."  She continues, leaning back in her chair.

"I don't think she's taking that, I could smell her wolf." I state, mimicking her behaviour leaning back.

Kylo purrs and the mention of Fraya, he's eager to meet her. All good things come to those who wait. How long do we have to play her games? We need her to come back into our arms and be the packs Luna. We need our mate.

"I can't do much from here Jason if I go to Germany, I can help with Blu-" 

"No, Gran, it's too dangerous, we are already on edge with the Shadow Pack finding out we're in their territory. If we are to find her, I need answers from Mitchel," I cut in, relaying the plans already in place.

"The discussions have all been repetitive the intel the same, possible leads to dead ends. All we know for sure is that Greta is involved and Mitchel has confided with a mole in our pack." Beta Caleb interjects. 

I turn my head from Gran to him, pursing my lips figuring out what our next step should be.

"We can't interrogate Mitchel. It'll raise suspicion. We need to find this mole first." 

"The only way to find the mole is Mitchel!" Caleb snaps back, tension rising faster with each spoken word.

"Boys settle down, we will find her if her powers are getting stronger Blue and I will locate her for now just go with your normal protocols at the pack house, keep your ears and eyes open for anything suspicious." Gran spoke.

With that, she removed her knitted blanket from her lap, rose from her recliner, and walked to the door, leaving it wide open, gesturing us to leave. 

We shifted into our wolves once we passed her border, heading straight to the pack house. Both of us are in agreement with running things in the usual order.

"Could we confide with the  River pack?"  Caleb linked.

"Not yet, I need you to go through the list of who's been in and out of the cells, then report back to me," I commanded.

 We arrived shortly, at the pack house from Grans, and parted ways, Caleb going to the cells and myself to my room. 

Opening the door, I made no other decision but to collapse into bed.

The days have been long and tiring. Hopefully, something comes up quickly because my patience is waring thin.