Chapter 22

Jason

"What did you do?" I hear Caleb whisper, repeating it again only this time shouting it as I walk out the pack house.

Swinging the large door open, I'm welcomed by the bitter sweet bliss of silence. No birds can be heard.

No members of my pack on a running spree, no wolves playing on the grass field, just silence.

I glance around, and no one in particular stands out. Some who are in training are at a stand still, others moving equipment slowly, and everyone hesitant to do anything but just wait and watch. 

All just watching.

"Back to work!" I shouted, my voice echoing the command across the yard. 

The whole world immediately came back to life, pack members continued their training, and others continued with patrol.

The birds could be heard, and the breeze through the trees continued.

I'm back in motion, everything clear, and in more control, Kylo is at bay.

I take a right from the house entrance towards the cellars, I need to get answers and now. If anyone is to know where my mate is, it's him.

I open the cellar door slowly, once again the wafting smell of blood, urine, and rotting flesh consumes me, only this time I'm not fuelled with rage. 

The presence of pure calmness, it's almost intoxicating. 

I continue my way down the cellar stairs, focusing my vision on the flickering lights, not hesitating at the landing, and continuing my way through the cold, wet, narrow passage.

I stop at a stand still and look at the filth, cold and weak, curled up in a ball at the corner of his cell. The silver chains drenched in wolfbane secured tightly around his neck.

"She's dead," I spoke calmly.

"Who Elizabeth?" He asked, barely above a whisper.

I bitterly laugh in response. How sweet of him to ask about her and not his his only daughter first, the fatherly love is just pouring from his heart so fucking sweet of him.

"What did you two talk about." I ask, entering his cell. Watching him crawl further into the wall.

"I-I won't tell you," He stutters, I take a step closer, he whimpers at the action anticipating the beating.

Mister 'tough' guy is clearly acting. His behaviour doesn't match his heart rate.

"You have no one to save you now, so tell me," I pause, crouching down a metre away from him. "What's my mothers involvement with you and Olivia?"

"I won't tell you!" He screams, lunging towards me, only to be cut short by the chains, millimetres from my face, what filth.

"Nu uh uh," I taunt, crossing my finger left to right. "I won't ask again." 

I wait and listen, his heart rate picking up in pace. He's clearly anticipating the next move, or maybe he's running through all the possibilities of his plan not working out.

How I thrive off the fear from those of pure evil, it's so liberating.

"H-her blood." He says, barely audible.

I grab him by the collar of his restraint pinning him against the wall, his weak body shaking heavily against the wall, his hands come up to the silver chains burning to the touch, gasping for air.

"You're mine until you are dead. It will be easier on yourself to confess than have a life ending in death by my hands." I warn, dropping him back to the floor.

He sits there leaning to the side, choking for his breath, spit and blood drooling from his mouth, he doesn't have long left before his body gives out, but that is for her to decide. 

"She's in their den. It's too late now," He bitterly laughs, continuing to choke for air.

"Alpha Jason, they've picked up her trace it's being transported from the library." A tracker linked.

"Follow them, everyone stay on watch, keep patrol up, do not get spotted and do not, I repeat, do not engage."  I commanded.

I hurriedly leave his cell, locking it behind me, and run upstairs, heading straight to the pack house.

Caleb is already at the door with bags in hand, delivering orders to put them in the SUV.

We make eye contact, and he nods his head in reassurance, of which I return and climb in the vehicle, Beta Caleb following close behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, this is a short chapter it is also unedited, but I had a spur of ideas!

The next chapter will be out soon

See you all then lovelies