Chapter 6

Back at home, I decided to look up Quileute legends on my laptop. I was fascinated by what Jacob was telling me, but on the other hand, I knew something was wrong with the Cullens. I did some research and found a bookstore with the book I needed. I planned to pick it up at some point. The next day it was sunny out, and everyone was outside either sunbathing or playing soccer. I was sitting with Jessica while she was sunbathing when Angela came over and said that she asked Eric to prom and he said yes. She took my advice and got exactly what she wanted. She was so excited about it, too. Me, on the other hand, I didn't have a date to the prom. I didn't even think about it, or even consider going.

     Jessica mentioned going to Port Angeles to get some dresses since she was going with Mike. I asked to go, and they loved the idea. Soon, after school, Jessica, Angela, and I were in a cute dress shop in Port Angeles looking for dresses. I sat down in a chair by the window and watched them try on their dresses. Angela had on a gorgeous lavender-colored dress with straps across her chest, and Jessica wore a pink, slim dress with white gloves.

     "I like this one cuz it makes my boobs look great," Jessica smiled.

     Just then, a group of older men passed the window and harassed us. We all commented about how disgusting it was, and continued shopping.

     "Y/N, what do you think?" Jessica asked, holding her hands out.

     "It looks great," I smiled.

     "Well, that's what you said about the last five dresses so..." she trailed off.

     "You're not really into this stuff, are you?" Angela asked.

     I paused, "Well, I really just want to go to this bookstore. I'll meet you guys back at the restaurant, okay?"

     "Are you sure?" Jessica asked.

     "Yeah, I'll see you in a minute," I said as I grabbed my things and left.

     I took about a 10 minute walk down the street to go see this bookstore. Once I had gotten there it was already getting darker. I walked in and said hello to the shopkeeper. I then found the book I was looking for about the Quileute tribe legends, and paid the shopkeeper. He gave me an odd look, but I ignored it as I left the shop with the book. I was pretty fascinated by the cover of it. It looked pretty old, but I was glad to get some more info on Jacob and Edward. I shoved the book into my bag before walking back up the street. The longer I walked, the quicker the sky got dark. It was pretty much nighttime by the time I even got close to the restaurant. At some point, I stumbled upon a dark alleyway, but got the feeling of dread. I looked ahead to see two men watching me from the end of the alley. They began to take steps towards me, but I backed away and walked the opposite direction. When I kept walking away, more men began to come around. They were the guys from the shop who harassed us earlier.

     My breathing quickened as fear set in. My eyes grew wide, and my heart pounded. I thought that I was going to die. I took one look behind me and there they were just catcalling me and asking me where I'm going. One of them began to chase after me, and that's when I just booked it onto the main road. I sprinted for my life away from those guys, but they were right on my tail. I turned around a corner and almost slipped on the wet concrete. I kept running until I bumped into another figure. He grabbed me by the shoulders, but I recognized him. Jacob was standing in front of me with a confused and worried look on his face. His friends were behind him, so I assumed he was out with them at a diner or something.

     "Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong? What happened?" he asked as his grip tightened on my arms.

     "Please help me. There's some guys chasing me-"