Chapter 19

I woke up the next morning to rocks being thrown at my window. I got up lazily, and saw my father had left for the day. Once I opened the window, I saw Jacob standing there with a bright smile. He beckoned for me to come down and leave with him since today we were going to be training with the Cullens. I got ready, and went downstairs. I brought a water bottle for the day since I left in a hurry. Once I got outside, Jacob greeted me with a bright smile and a kiss.

     "Good morning," he said after kissing me, "Ready?"

     "Yeah, a little tired, but I'm ready."

     "Good. Sam reluctantly agreed to go see the Cullens, but I think I convinced him enough." he said.

     I nodded, understanding. The meeting spot was deep within the woods and would take awhile to get to on foot, so Jacob said he had a solution. He backed away from me, took off his clothing, and basically stripped in front of me with nothing but his boxers on. I observed his body, and I will admit, I sized him up.

     "Like what you see?" he teased, smirking.

     "Absolutely," I laughed.

      It was quite the show. He began to think of something, I'm not sure what, but steam began to radiate off of his tan skin. Just then, his body leapt upward, and he grew four legs, fur, and a tail. He transformed in front of me in his wolf form which was pretty cool honestly. He bent downward and grabbed his clothes from the ground. He walked back over and handed me his clothes to hold on to. I shoved them in my backpack I had brought with me, and he allowed me to hop onto his back. Once I was settled, I held onto his fur, and he ran through the woods. His speed was unmatchable, and his legs carried us far. We made a stop at the reservation first to meet up with Sam's pack, and we then traveled to the spot. Once we arrived, we stood on a tall hill and overlooked the Cullens, who were below waiting. The pack slowly walked downward to meet them, and they were quite cautious.

     "They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms." Edward said to Carlisle.

     "They came. That's what matters." Carlisle responded looking at us, "Will you translate?"

     Edward nodded, and Carlisle approached us.

     "Welcome," he started, "Jasper has experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them."

     A pause, and Edward spoke.

     "They want to know how the newborns differ from us," he said.

     "They're a great deal stronger than us because their own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than our first several months of this life." Carlisle finished.

     He then looked to Jasper to let him take the stand. He walked over and stood in front of us.

     "Carlisle's right. That's why they are created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army, but no human army could stand against them. Now, the two most important things to remember are, first, never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly. And second, never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that. And you will lose." he explained, then called to Emmett to show examples of fighting styles.

     First, Jasper fought with Emmett, but Emmet ultimately lost. As I observed their fighting styles, I watched their speed. They were pretty quick like Sam's pack, but with them, they would woosh and be on the other side.

     After Jasper and Emmett finished, Edward went against Carlisle. It was a tough fight, but Carlisle ended up winning since Edward turned his back on the enemy. Jasper warned him of this.