Chapter 10

During school, everyone was bustling about prom. I could overhear conversations about them talking about their dresses and what shoes they would wear. Or I'd hear about guys asking girls out to go to prom with them and they'd be so excited. I've heard so many stories about "promposals", yet I've never seen one or had one. I really just ignored it since it was getting annoying, but I thought about prom myself sometimes. Was I even going to go? Would I be able to go with Jacob? I probably would, and maybe I'd have to be the one to ask him since he doesn't go to Forks High School. Either way, I wouldn't even have a dress to go with.

     After school, I drove home. Once I parked, I got into the house to find it empty. I had guessed that dad was still at work trying to find whatever it was that was killing these people, only I knew who. Those vampires have been going around and snatching people to feed on. It's true, it wasn't an animal. They were vampires. The thought of vampires even existing was still shocking to me. You'd hear them in stories like Dracula and never think they were true. This brought up a question of my own: Were the Cullens vampires, too?

     They all are strange in their own way, but their eyes change color from brown to yellow to black in a matter of days, and their skin is as white as snow. They seem so emotionless and distant. And not to mention Edward's weird staring.

     I brushed it off as there wasn't too much evidence of them being vampires, so I just continued to do my thing at home. I showered and began to do my homework. Soon, the sun set, and I was in my room finishing up an essay for my English class. I then heard a rock being thrown at my window. Fearful of what was outside, I reluctantly walked over with the mace can in my hand. When I reached my bay window, I looked out of it to see Jacob completely shirtless with jean shorts on. I smiled as he looked up at me, and I put down my mace. I opened the window feeling like a Disney princess, and put my hands on the window frame.

     "Hey," he said with a smile, "Can I come up?"

     "Yeah, I'll get the door," I responded, backing away.

     "No need," I heard him say.

     I heard a slight sound of feet hitting my wood floor behind me and I turned to see he was already in my room. A blush crept onto my cheeks as I was able to observe his body closer than before.

     "How did you do that?" I asked.

     He shrugged, "I climbed up."

     I nodded my head, "Okay... why are you here? You could've just called me."

     "I just wanted to see you," he said as he looked around my room, "Cute room."

     "Cute?"

     "Yeah," he chuckled, "It suits you."

     I rolled my eyes, "You just wanted to see me then?"

     "Yeah. It's part of imprinting." he said as he sat by the bay window.

     I sat down next to him and crossed my leg onto my other getting comfortable.

     "Elaborate." I smirked.

     "When a shape-shifter imprints, he has a strong desire to be around the imprintee all of the time." he responded.

     "Ah, okay," I nodded, "Good."

     He looked at me observing my face which gave me butterflies. He then leaned back and looked out the window like a guard dog.

     "So what's been going on?" he asked.

     "Well, school's been the same, but I actually have a question for you." I replied.