Chapter 18

The next morning, Jacob and I were tangled in my bed sheets and comforter. We held each other tightly as we slept, and I was the happiest girl in the world. I opened my eyes since the sun was shining in my room and on my face, and Jacob was already awake. I could feel him stroking my hair as he laid there looking at me sweetly. His eyes met mine, and with the sun shining in them, he could see the color of my iris highlighted.

     "Your eyes are beautiful." he complimented with a blush on his cheeks.

     I huffed and smiled, "Thank you, and good morning."

     "Great morning." he giggled.

      He was giddy with excitement from what transpired last night, and I don't blame him. It just felt so good and so loving. He was gentle yet rough, and it was the perfect mix.

     "How are you this lovely morning?" he asked, smiling.

     "I'm fantastic," I chuckled, "What about you?"

     "I feel incredible."

     I smiled at him and he pulled me closer to his chest. I nestled my head into his chest, and we both relaxed ourselves. My father hadn't come to greet me this morning, and I was a little worried. I checked my phone to see it was 10:30 AM. He should've been here by now. I thought.

     "Hey, I'm gonna go downstairs really quick, okay?" I mumbled to him.

     He groaned, "Please, stay."

     "No," I giggled, "I have to see if my dad's even home."

     He sighed in defeat, "Okay, but you're coming back, right?"

     "Of course." I smiled and gave him a quick kiss before leaving.

     I climbed out of his grasp, and got out of bed. I threw on whatever I could find in my dresser, and went out my door. I closed it behind me and walked downstairs. I could smell coffee, so I knew he was home. When I got down off of the steps, my father sat at the table with a coffee and a newspaper. He looked up at me and back down to his paper.

     "Good morning." I said, trying to keep my composure.

     "Mornin'," he said.

     I went to get some water from the fridge when he continued speaking.

     "I didn't know Jacob stayed over." he said.

     My heart dropped. He knows. I felt my heart beat rapidly out of fear and my cheeks flushed red of embarrassment.

     "Yeah, I invited him and we watched a movie."

     His eyes shot to me as I sipped some water.

     "Is that all you did?" he asked, expecting another answer.

     I didn't say anything, I only nodded in response. He then put down his newspaper and placed it on the table. He put his mug down and folded his hands.

     "I know." he stated, "You're young and you're blissfully in love with each other... just... do it safely or... something."

     "God.. dad." I groaned, putting down my water.

     "What? I don't want you guys to uh..." he gestured with his hands finding the right words,  "make a mist-"

     "Dad, spare me."

     "It's my job to keep you safe, N/N." he said, sighing, "I hate talking about it as much as you do."

     "I know, dad. We'll be safe."