Chapter 11

When I woke the next morning, I was covered in dirt, and not in my bed. I laid on the dirt in a clearing. I was in the middle of the woods with no memory at all. I sat up from my lying position, and looked around observing my surroundings. Trees and hills are all I saw. I stood up, dusting myself, and I called out for Jacob. I heard nothing in return. I then heard gusts of wind surrounding me, and I snapped my head in the wind's location. 3 vampires stood around me sizing me up with their blood red eyes.

     "Good morning." the blonde greeted.

     I screamed, and booked it in the other direction. As I kept running, it felt like my legs were being weighed down. The more I screamed from panic, the more strangled I felt. I couldn't let out any cries for help.

     I soon stopped in my tracks as my legs grew too heavy, and the vampires circled me. The ginger lunged towards me and pushed my head down to my shoulder. She revealed the jugular of my neck, and two piercing teeth punctured my skin and into my muscle. I felt I was able to scream again, and I cried as loud as I could for anyone to help me. I then felt a suction on my neck, and I became dizzy. Then, the other two vampires grabbed each arm, and bit into them. The pain I felt was stinging, but it only felt worse. I drew my last breaths in that moment, and I closed my eyes thinking of my demise.

     When I closed my eyes, they shot open. I had two hands shaking me awake and a familiar voice whispering my name.

     "Y/N!" he hastily whispered.

     "Huh? What?" I was discombobulated.

     "Are you alright? What happened?" he said, extremely concerned.

     His eyes furrowed with worry, and his breathing was rapid. His mouth was slightly agape ready to speak again, but I began to talk.

     "Just a bad dream," I said quietly.

     I looked around to see I was in my bed with Jacob still, and the sun was just rising over the horizon. It was just a dream.

     "Are you sure you're okay?" he asked, worried written in his voice.

     "Yeah," I breathed, "I'm fine."

     I could see him visibly relax and lay back down in bed. I rubbed my face dismissing the dream, and laid back down with him. His arms securely fastened around my back as he held me, and pressed his cheek against my forehead in an effort to comfort me.

     "Tell me what happened," he whispered.

     I told him about the dream and how terrifyingly real it felt. The feeling of them biting me still lingered on my body, and Jacob could see how shaken up I was. He said that the color had drained from my face while I was sleeping, and that my pulse was over fast. He thought I was having a seizure, but I reassured him it was only a dream.

     "It just felt so real," I whispered looking out my window.

     "I know. We all get nightmares, but I want you to know," he said as he pulled my face up to meet his, "I won't let anything or anyone hurt you. Nothing will harm you as long as I'm here on this Earth. Not vampires, not trolls," he giggled, "nothing will. You have my promise, and I'll keep it even after I die,"

     Those words alone were enough to keep me warm for the winter. His words brought me peace and security. I felt like I could trust him, and that he really would keep his promise.

     "I will never fail you. I will never hurt you. I'll never leave you, and I'll never lie to you. You are all I want and all I need." he finished.