Chapter 15

They laid me on a couch where the woman from before, Emily, came around and assessed my injury. She lifted my shirt to see the worst bruising you can imagine, and grabbed an ice pack. She tried to lay it on my ribs as gently as possible, but it didn't stop me from yelping in pain. I looked at her as my breathing intensified from the pain.

     "Get Dr. Cullen. Please," I begged.

     Emily furrowed her brows and turned to Billy Black who nodded with approval. They made the call and tried to keep me as calm as possible as we waited for Carlisle.

     "Jacob. Where's Jacob?" I asked in desperation.

     "He's in another room being treated, okay?" Emily assured, stroking my hair.

     "Is he okay? I have to see him." I said as tears welled in my eyes.

     "He's okay. You'll see him soon." she said.

     Soon after, Carlisle came and Emily let him in.

     "Thank you for coming." she sighed.

     "Of course. Where is she?" he asked.

     Emily led him to me on the couch, and his face grew worried. He knelt down and lifted my shirt. He took off the ice pack and I could see in his face how bad it was.

     "I probably should've stayed overnight." I chuckled.

     He smiled, amused, "You risked your life for them. I'm glad you're so brave."

     "Ended up getting hurt again." I groaned.

     "Yes, but you'll be okay," he observed my side, "You have a few broken ribs, but nothing seems too bad."

     "Great." 

     "There's nothing I can do for broken ribs," he said, sighing, "Get some rest."

     He petted my shoulder as he got up and walked into Jacob's room. When Carlisle opened the door, I could briefly hear Jacob hoarsely ask for my name, but he went silent when he didn't see me. Carlisle closed the door, and began his work. After a few minutes had passed, he came back out and said that Jacob would be okay.

     "He lost some blood, but the bullet traveled through his side. Came in one way, left out the other." he said.

     "Will he be okay?" I asked.

     "We have a natural talent to heal quicker than a human." Sam said as he came in.

     Emily joined him at his side as he observed me with his eyes.

     "You're Y/N?" he asked.

     I nodded, "Funny way to meet you guys."

     They smiled, but Sam still had a judgemental look on his face, "What were you doing in the woods?"

     "I came to warn you about my father. You probably know by now, but they're trying to kill you." I replied hoarsely.

     "The police, yeah. We heard you're in some trouble with the vampires, too." Sam replied.

     I nodded shamefully.

     "Because you're Jacob's imprint, we'll keep you safe from them. Don't worry."

     I would hope so. I thought. This entire time I've been chased after, hunted, attacked, and harmed. Out of the times I was attacked, once Sam and Jacob saved me. Either way... I couldn't blame them for not being around when I needed them. They can't read my mind. I'd have to tell them I needed help. They'd have to be around to know I needed help. Be rational, Y/N.