Chapter 16

AN: My apologies for not uploading a chapter yesterday. I've been all over the place lol. Also, this chapter mentions suicide and depression. Just a heads up.

     After waiting around for a few hours and getting some rest, my father had finally arrived. He came in bursting through the door and walked straight to me on the couch. He stood there scanning my torso and seeing the bandages wrapped around it. His face was concerned and confused as he scanned me for any other injuries, but I had told him I was fine. I repeated before that Dr. Cullen had taken care of me, and that I was fine. He reluctantly settled down and said he'd take me home. I didn't really need help getting up. It was just leaving that was the hard part. I got up from the couch and held my side so it didn't hurt as bad. I said goodbye and thank you to Emily who was a little sad that I would be going. She mainly took care of me while I was here anyways. I said goodbye to everyone at the reservation and even Sam's pack was sad I was going, but one boy, Embry, said: "We'll see you soon, right?" I only smiled at him as my father took my arm and pulled me along. He thanked Billy for keeping me safe, too. I then saw Jacob by the treeline watching from a distance. He had a sad and distraught look on his face as I walked away. The sadness I felt became anger when I walked away from him. How could he hurt me so badly? He said it was for my safety, but I would rather stay and get hurt a million times for him rather than leave.

      My father opened the door for me and I sat inside his cop car. He then came in on the driver's side, and took me home. While on the ride home I couldn't help but bring up a specific topic about leaving. I had to say it now so I wouldn't be stuck here reminded of the love I once had.

     "I want to leave Forks." I said sternly.

     "What?" he asked as he drove.

     "I want to go back to H/T."

     He glanced at me in disbelief and looked back to the road.

     "Why?" he asked.

     "I just don't want to be here anymore."

     "Is it the weather?" he asked, "Is it me? I know we don't do teenage girl stuff or whatever, but we can try."

     He pleaded with me for me to stay, and it broke my heart even more.

     "What can I do?" he asked.

     "Let me go back." I stated.

     "I just got you back, N/N." he pleaded again.

     "Let me go back." I repeated.

     He sighed giving into my wishes. I knew he was upset. It was pretty obvious, but if Jacob wanted me to leave, then so be it. I'll fucking leave. I don't want to be around someone who doesn't even want me near. Well... he did. He told me he did, and said it was necessary that I leave for my safety. Why should I believe him? Why shouldn't I?

     We pulled up to his house and he reluctantly parked his car. He turned to me and gave it one last try.

     "Will you tell me why you want to leave?" he asked.

     I paused considering if I really wanted to tell him. Does he really have to know that I just got heartbroken? He might think I'm being overdramatic, but it's what Jacob wants. I ended up telling him the truth about Jacob. Well half the truth.

     "He broke up with me." I said with a tear running down my face.

     "Oh, N/N." he sighed, feeling bad for me, "I know it hurts, but-"

     "I want to leave." I cut in.

     He nodded, taking a second to decide what he was going to say.