Chapter 23

A/N: This is the last chapter guys :( Thank you for reading! If you guys want a second book let me know!

My eyes fluttered open and a warm heat emitted off of a certain someone next to me. We laid there, tangled in sheets, and I was at peace. As I observed Jacob's face as he peacefully slept, my eyes darted towards my phone, and saw it was 10:06 AM. My heart dropped as Edward would be here by 11, and I couldn't enjoy one morning with Jacob. I began to move away from him, but he woke up. His eyes met mine and he smiled at me, but my gloomy face was enough to make him sit up and worry.

"What's wrong?" he asked, placing a hand on my cheek.

"I have to get ready to leave." I said reluctantly.

He sighed, "Right. Italy."

I looked down and realized I was going to be surrounded by vampires this entire trip. Sure, the Cullens were safe, but who knew what the Volturi were capable of. Tears welled in my eyes as I noticed how nervous and afraid I was. I looked up at Jacob to see his face grow into pain and hurt. He scooted closer and wiped away my tears.

"It's okay, don't worry. You'll come back." he assured.

He placed a hand on my bare back, and pulled me into him. My arms lazily placed themselves around him, and his hands soothed my back and stroked my hair.

"Please don't cry. It hurts seeing you like this." he whispered to me.

My hands tightened around him, taking in all of him before leaving. He kept me warm as I cried into his shoulder, and he never once loosened his grip. I moved away slowly, and he bent his head down close to my face. He moved his hand up to my cheek and caressed it softly.

"I wish you could come." I stated quietly.

"I wish I could, too. It hurts to be apart from you," he said resting his temple against my forehead, "The pain goes away when you come back."

I looked up at him, "You physically feel pain?"

He nodded, "Sam felt it with Emily, too. He says his aches go away when he touches her hand."

"Well, now I really don't want to go," I chuckled, "There's just so much going on. We've been through so much."

"I know, I know, but it's okay. We have each oth-" he was interrupted.

A message popped up on my phone saying that Edward was on his way and would be here shortly. I looked back to Jacob and he kissed my lips gently.

"I'll help you get ready," he said.

We both got out of bed, and he helped me get my things together. I dressed for the trip, and he put his clothes back on. Soon, Edward had arrived and was waiting in the car for me. I looked at Jacob sadly, and picked up my bag. He walked me down the stairs and outside to Edward's Volvo. Edward got out of the driver's side and leveled himself with Jacob.

"Edward."

"Jacob." they greeted.

"If you let anything happen to her, I'll kill you myself." Jacob said with a hard glare.

"Nothing will happen. I'll bring her back as she is now."

"Don't try anything either." Jacob said.

"I think he gets it." I said interrupting them.

Jacob backed off and turned to me. He pulled me in for a warm hug, and parted leaving me a long and loving kiss.