approval

After a couple hours of avoiding their brothers and laughing at Sunoo's baby pictures, the two arrived at the wedding venue.

Sunoo wasn't very worried about the rehearsal dinner. It just consisted of all the groomsmen of Soobin and Yeonjun and a few others involved in the planning of the wedding. Annoying aunts and his overbearing parents were nowhere to be seen.

Sunoo also tried his hardest not to interact with anyone. It ended up being pretty easy as he was running around helping out as he was his brother's best man.

According to Sunoo the three brothers had an agreement to rotate so all of them could be a best man at some point. Niki thought it was very sweet. But that wasn't what he was focused on. What he was focused on was the fact that Jungwon was making his way over to him.

Like said before, Sunoo was busy and couldn't drag Niki around. He had apologized but the younger assured him that he didn't mind as he'll be free to stand near the snack stand and watch the beautiful wedding get put together.

So here Niki was, minding his own business while eating his cookie, when the small but scary younger brother went to stand beside him.

He stayed silent for a moment, waiting for Jungwon to talk. Niki had silently hoped that he wasn't here to say anything, just wanting to get a rest somewhere.

Unfortunately, he was wrong.

"Why'd you decide to make your relationship public?"

Niki jumped slightly at the abrupt voice and Jungwon's assuming eyes. "I don't know..."

Bad answer. Very bad answer. "You don't know?" Jungwon's eyebrows were raised, looking very dissatisfied with the response.

"I think um," Niki inwardly hit himself, he needed to get it together. "I think one day I truly understood how much I was in love with him." The furrow on Jungwon's eyebrows lessened, that was a good sign. "I realized that I wanted to tell people we were together. I wanted to hug and kiss him where people could see, not caring about who saw us. He is absolutely beautiful and an amazing person, I wanted to show that off."

Jungwon looked at him for a moment before slightly nodding. "Hm, that's cute." Niki let out a breath of air, relieved.

Before he could get another word in, Yeonjun called him over. "Wonnie, come here! I need your help."

"Okay!" Jungwon took a step just to turn back around to lock eyes with Niki. "I like you and I see why Sunoo likes you. But you hurt him and you'll never see the light of day again, got it?"

Niki gulped but nodded nonetheless.

"Great." Jungwon flashed him a cute smile, completely throwing him off as Jungwon ran to his older brother.

Niki patted himself on the back, satisfied with his response. He realized he was simply talking. These words were not something he was making up as he went, they were coming from his heart.

That thought made Niki freeze. They were coming from his heart? No way. This was supposed to be fake. Sunoo was his fake boyfriend whom he had fake feelings for. All the smiles and hugs and subtle touches were all for show right? ...right?

"Shit." Was the first thing he uttered under his breath. "Fuck, I like sunoo"

Frustrated hands went up to ruffle his hair in mild distress. "I like Kim Sunoo."

In the middle of Niki's mini existential breakdown Sunoo comes sauntering over. "You okay?"

Niki had to play this off. Sunoo couldn't know anything.

Thankfully he did have another thing that almost killed him. His interaction with Jungwon. "Sunoo, why didn't you come save me? I felt like Jungwon was blaring into my soul, holy shit."

Sunoo laughed. "That's Jungwon for you. What did you say? I saw him walking off all happy."

"I told him some sappy ass things and he liked it." Niki also meant it. "I've gotten his stamp of approval."

Sunoo moved and placed his arms around Niki's waist in a soft embrace. Before Niki could process what was happening, the warmth around him had already disappeared. He knew he was sporting a dopey smile but he couldn't bring himself to care. 

"That was to thank you for sitting here and watching me run around. You're probably so bored." Niki shook his head, pointing to the snack bar. "I'm enjoying my cookies and complementary pretzels."

"You're such a dork."

"Eh Sunoo! Stop canoodling with your boyfriend and come help me!" Niki let out a breathy laugh and Sunoo squeezed his eyes shut, frustrated at his older brother.

He avidly walked towards his brother. "You're lucky it's your wedding otherwise you'd be kicked to the ground by now."

"Oh I'm so scared— ow!"