3. Restlessness In My Heart

Next day

Mahi's Pov

I woke up and went downstairs to have breakfast with my parents.

"Time flies so fast, It seems like it was yesterday when you were
born and now in few weeks you are going to get married. I'll be
alone in this home" Zareen, Mahi's mother said.
"Ahh! If you'll not stop mumma I'll start crying now. Don't be so
emotional, I'll call you everyday and will visit you too" I said.

"That we will see after your wedding how much you'll visit and call us" Mummy said sarcastically.
"Don't tease my daughter" Sajid, Mahi's father said while glaring.

We all burst out laughing.

"But your mother is right we will miss you so much. The whole house will become silent and lonely" my father said.
"There is no need to worry. I told you na, I'll come to visit you both daily. Now be happy please. I don't like you both being sad" I replied.
"Ok ok. We want nothing my child we just want to see you happy. I'm just worried about you. Being honest I don't believe in Amaan much" he said in a concerning tone.
"Yeah, you know right your aunts (Anwar's sisters) and uncle (Anwar's younger brother) are still against this marriage" Mummy said.

"I know but please don't worry; I swear he is a very good boy, he'll keep me happy. I'll be happy with him, he loves me and I'm sure he will not disappoint you both,
Apni beti ki pasand par bharosa rakhiye" I said.
(Trust your daughter's choice)

After having our breakfast we went to do our respective works. As I don't have any work I went to my room. I start cleaning it.
But somewhere I am feeling lost. Mummy's words are ringing in my head. I myself don't know what I'm feeling right now.
But it's ok to feel like this I mean yeah I'm going to get married in few weeks. So maybe because of this I'm feeling like this.
As marriage is a very important part of a girl's life for boys too but a girl
has to leave her house, her parents, her eveverything behind and I know because of the thought of
leaving it all behind I'm feeling kinda sad and lost.

I finished cleaning my room. I turned behind and take a full look
of my room. I touch walls and my bed while remembering all the past memories.
"I'm going to miss you all" I said while my eyes sparkle with tears but I don't let them fall.
I hold myself back. I went towards my study table a photo frame was there. I picked it up and caress it.

In that frame there is a photo of a little girl maybe an year old, she is wearing a blue coloured frock and
she is lying on her bed with her father. Her father was feeding
her milk through a bottle and she is looking at him like he is the only one known to her in this unknown
and new world.
I sat on my bed with that frame in my hand. And now I can't stop myself from crying.
Yes that little girl is me with my father.

Tears are streaming down from my eyes, I am crying because I
know just a few days are left and then I'll be away from him.
"No one literally no one not even Amaan is able to love me like my papa do"

I'm scared, I'm feeling scared don't know why I am feeling like
my heart is sinking. It feels
something is wrong. Something is going to be wrong. I'm so foreign to these feelings. That day after
coming back from shopping I and Amaan don't have any talks on calls or any meet ups.
I am just sitting on my bed surrounded by these unknown feelings.

Suddenly the voice of azaan reached my ears. It's already 12 noon.
I get up, performed my "wuzu" and started praying. After completing my namaz I started praying to God.

"Please Lord, give ease to my restless heart, give peace to my soul.
Do only whatever is good for me, be with me in my tough times, be with me whenever I'm all alone, be with me when everyone leaves, give me strength whenever I'll feel like giving up, give me patience whenever I can't stop crying and feel like shattered, give me ease whenever my heart is restless, be with me whenever I felt like everything ends."

After completing my prayers I got up and went to the kitchen to help my mother.

(Time skip)
Days went by.....

I woke up at 8:00 am and did my morning routine. After having
my breakfast I came back to my room. Now only 2 days are left for my marriage.
I thought to call my best friend Rabia.
"Let's call her" I said.

(Otp)

"What are you doing you lazy ass!
You didn't even call me once by
yourself. Come on man it's your
best friend's wedding" I said dramatically.
"Hey! hey! Calm down Take a
breathe man. I know it's your wedding don't over react" she said.
"Shut up. Now tell me today you are coming right? It's my "mehendi" today and you have to apply my mehendi as there's no such good henna artist as you" I said excitedly.
"Yeah I know" she replied.

"Are you upset or something? I thought you'll be excited as hell for my wedding but you seems down" I said.
"What's wrong with you Mahi, It's nothing like that" she said.
"Actually you are always cheerful and full of life and seeing you
down makes me worried a bit" I said.
"Huh! Baby be worried about your wedding, not me" she said in a sarcastic tone.

What's with that tone?

"What do you mean?" I asked.
"I mean how's your wedding preparations going, all done?" She said.
"Yeah, it's almost done" I replied.
"Good. I'll be on time. Bye" she said.
"Hmm, bye" I hung up the phone.

I thought by talking to her I'll feel good but now it's even worse. She is in a bad mood I think, leave it.

It's evening already and here I'm
ready in my mehendi outfit
waiting for Rabia.
I am wearing a mehendi coloured sharara set having pink, dark green and golden coloured work in it's neck and sleeves and at the border
of sharara which is followed by a dupatta with heavy work and beads at its each end and border.
I wore not so heavy earrings and maangtika set with a chapka.
I wore nothing in my hands just my engagement ring as I have
to apply mehendi in them and wearing bangles will make it difficult.

"Mashallah, you are looking beautiful my child" my father said.
"Not more than mummy" I said and we both start laughing as my mother glare at us.
"Let's go downstairs, guests arrived" my mother said while taking
me downstairs.
All the ladies started singing and enjoying. While two mehendi artists and I are waiting for Rabia as they can't start to apply on anyone's hand when bride's hands are empty.

Yes we called two mehendi artists for other women of our house and for applying bridal mehendi on me there is Rabia.

"Beta call your friend, where is she" my aunt said
"Yeah, ok" I replied.
But where is my phone, Ugh! I forgot it in my room.
Nevermind let us get it from room.
I went to my room and dialed her number but she is not responding.
I called her four to five times but she didn't respond.
"Rabia, where are you? Atleast pick my call" I said.

I open my WhatsApp to see whether Amaan saw my photos which I sent to him in my mehendi outfit or not. But there is only one tick that means his mobile data is off.
I sighed and decided to call him to inform him to check his inbox.
I called him but he didn't pick my calls. I called him 7 to 8 times but still there is no response.
I become disappoint. I was very excited to know his reaction after seeing me in this dress but....
"Huh, leave it"

Don't forget to vote.
Enjoy Reading.